5.18 ∣ department of mysteries

This is a pretty long chapter
Contains (Blood)

┉┉┉┉┉˚* ┉┉┉┉┉

The office was silent except for some fidgeting and scuffling caused by the Slytherins' attempts to maintain Ron's and the others' control. When Ron struggled against Crabbe, he was bleeding from the corner of his lip onto Umbridge's carpet. While Ginny was trying to stamp on a sixth-grade student's foot, both of her upper arms were firmly grasped. Hermione was attempting vainly to throw Goyle off her, while Neville was turning increasingly purple in the face while tugging at someone's arm. 

Grace, Y/n, and Theodore did not protest, knowing that if Umbridge was not in the room, it would be easy to overtake them. While Luna stood lazily by the side of her captor, she looked vaguely out the window, as if she were rather bored of what was going on. 

As Y/n followed Luna's gaze outside, her eyes grew wide as she gazed into the forbidden forest. Her glance flicked from Hermione to Harry.

She thought about the giant that Hagrid called his brother. Thoughts flowed through her mind while looking around trying to find a way to get out. 

Harry glanced back at Umbridge, who was watching him closely. He kept his face deliberately smooth and blank as footsteps could be heard outside and Draco Malfoy returned to the room, holding the door open for Snape, which caused Y/n to look away from Millicent's shoes. 

"You wanted to see me, Headmistress?", Snape asked, gazing around at all the pairs of struggling students with a look that indicated complete indifference.

"Yes, Professor Snape," Umbridge said with a broad smile as she stood up once more. "Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as soon as possible."

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Chang," he said, observing her coolly through his greasy curtains of black hair. Hermione and Ron glanced at Harry, who returned the glance; then they glanced at Y/N, who nodded her head in a "telling-you-so" fashion. "Surely you did not use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient."

Umbridge flushed.

"You can make some more, can't you?" she said, her voice becoming more sweetly girlish as it always did when she was furious.

"Certainly," Snape said, curling his lips, knowing how long it would take to make a potion. Y/n hid a smile, knowing the length of time it would take to make a potion. "It takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in around a month."

"A month?" squawked Umbridge, swelling toadyish. "A month? But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter and Black using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown!"

"Really?" he asked with a shrug of his shoulders as he glanced around at Harry and Y/n. 'Well, that doesn't surprise me. Potter has never shown much interest in following school rules." Snape glanced at the student eyeing her. "Neither has Black, seems to be from her brother...Sirius Black" 

At the mention of his name, Y/n's heart sank, remembering why they were all in Umbridge's office. It was no longer necessary for her to argue because she knew why people compared her to Sirius. They were never different, they were both the same, they had just different ways of growing up. 

A cold, dark stare bore into Y/n's, who met it unflinchingly, paying close attention to what he had seen in his dream, willing Snape to understand it. "I wish to interrogate him!'" snapped Umbridge angrily, and Snape turned away from Harry to see her trembling face. "I wish you to provide me with a potion that will force him to tell me the truth!"