5.3 ∣ welcoming at hogwarts

Harry awoke early, before Y/n this time, he looked down at the sleeping girl still lying on his chest. 

For the first time in Harry's life, she looked peaceful before Harry started rubbing his eyes and putting on his glasses. 

When he glanced over at the door, he was startled by a knock on the door. 

"It's Remus-" The man said from behind the door, "Harry, I know you're in there counting Ron is in the room by himself...when Sirius went to look for you-" 

As Harry moved Y/n a little so that she could be more comfortable, he said, "Come in.". Remus peeked his head in before opening the door fully and walked in with a slight smile on his face as he observed the two of them. Since Harry's girlfriend was sleeping on him, he was already bright red. 

"I came to wake Y/n, but seeing you both in here-" Remus grinned as he said, prompting Harry to nod. "How long? Have you both been dating?" Harry knew that Remus saw Y/n, as a daughter or sister counting she felt as if Remus was a brother she never had a chance to have. 

"Since I arrived at Grimmauld," Harry said, "I suppose we will have to tell Sirius soon." Remus nodded and glanced at Y/n who lay between his legs holding onto her body. 

Slowly, she awoke and began to take notice of her surroundings. In response, Remus said, "Well, I came to wake you both up, so change" before walking out and coming back in. "In different rooms...I'm not that nice, and opening..." Harry nodded before Remus walked out of the room leaving the teenagers. 

Harry grinned as Y/n placed a kiss on his arm. "Good morning, love," Harry spoke, noticing her as she continued to kiss him up to his body, kissing his neck, which caused Harry to sigh before she finally kissed his cheek. 

"Morning Harry" Y/n spoke sitting on his lap, causing the boy to look at her with a grin on his face. "OH!!" She announced causing her boyfriend to furrow his eyebrows, Y/n got off of him.

"Mind telling me what's wrong?" Harry asked, while Y/n didn't say anything and went over to her closet picking up the Locket, she had found a few days back before September 1st, since today was the day, they would all be returning, she thought it would be smart to just leave it here instead of it attacking her all year. "Y/n" 

"Shush, Harry" Y/n said sitting back on the bed with her legs crossed, She focused on the locket not thinking about her boyfriend in the background while he looked at her confused. 

"Y/n," The voice said, Y/n stared at the locket concentrating, "Y/n, Stay...away-"

Harry placed his arms around Y/n's waist, causing her to jump. "What did you hear?" He asked, holding on to her. Y/n wiped away the tears that she had not realized had filled her eyes, causing Harry to kiss her head. "Y/n...," Harry said. 

"Regulus...It has to be him-" Y/n said, "It could not be anyone else-" She mentioned, remembering what he said. "I don't like this thing," She dropped it to the ground before looking at Harry. He pulled her back, causing the girl to laugh, who then broke out in uncontrollable laughter. 

"We need to get ready, darling" Harry spoke causing Y/n to nod. "And I think it is time to tell the people...if that is your desire" 

As she placed her head upon Harry's chest, she studied him closely before slowly nodding, causing Harry to look at her in disbelief. 

"Yes," she replied, saying that she knew that once Harry and she came out as a couple, the Malfoys would shun her and so many other members of their family. 

In spite of this, Harry made her feel something, which was more important than the family she no longer believed in. 

Later, Harry left the room and Y/N remained behind. When she was putting on a loose black tie, she heard, "Stay.". In responding to his question, Y/n glanced over to her bed and picked up the locket, walking out of her bedroom and into the storage room where she found the locket. She placed it into the cabinet and continued to stare at it before going back to her room.