3.7 ∣ december 31st

Y/n has not stopped thinking about what Flitwick and the Minister said about Sirius. She hadn't stepped a foot in Sirius's room since she had gotten to Grimmauld Place. Walburga was already yelling at Kreacher to get dinner ready. 

At Grimmauld Place, Christmas was never a big deal. Walburga did not celebrate and just drank wine in the kitchen and read the daily prophet. A normal Christmas had always been Y/N's dream, but she knew she would never get it.

At least Narcissa would be around during the Holiday. Y/n hoped that Sirius would find her before the dementors found him. He cared more about Harry than his own sister. "Master, The Malfoy's are here for Christmas Eve dinner," Kreacher called, peeking his head in the bedroom. 

Y/n wiped her cheek before sitting up from the bed, "I'll be right down, Kreacher" she explained. The house-elf nodded before he walked out, causing her to shut the door behind him. Now she wished she could have stayed at Hogwarts with Theo instead of being at Grimmauld Place. 

As she opened the door and descended the steps, she brushed off her black dress like it wasn't just seconds ago that she had been crying. "Ah, there she is..." Walburga greeted, "Y/n come sit" The girl bowed her head before walking over and joining her mother, sending Narcissa a small smile. 

When Lucius turned to Y/n, while the food floated on the table, he said, "I heard you won for Slytherin.". Y/n nodded as Draco rolled his eyes.

"I still grabbed the snitch before Potter fell to the ground, even if it did end up with me in the hospital wing," Y/n muttered as she looked at the man. She wanted to yawn but quickly covered it up with stuffing food in her mouth.

Walburga glared at her daughter before Y/n fixed her posture and wiped her mouth. The truth was she hasn't slept correctly since she had stepped foot in the house. All she could think, about was Sirius's betrayal. "Mother," Y/n said turning to the woman, "How come Sirius didn't go mad in Azkaban?" 

Narcissa glanced over at the girl studying her, anxiously responding, "Y/n," Walburga warned. "This is not the time for it." 

She turned back to the food and responded, "Very well, mother." 

What made Sirius not go mad while sitting in that cell, Like her cousin Bellatrix Lestrange did? How did he escape? Thoughts were running through her mind once again since she started to get ready. 

Y/n ate while blocking out the conversation between Lucius and Walburga. They were still complaining about the Ministry and talking about the dark lord like every other Noble house of Black family dinner.

Her attention was grabbed when Regulus became its focus. When she took a sip of her wine, Narcissa asked, "How will things be on the 31st?".

Around this time, Regulus passed away. It is unclear on what date he was pronounced dead. Walburga, however, always predicted it to be the 31st since he left the house and Kreacher returned the following day. 

"I have a meeting with the Minister about Sirius...Since he has been spotted trying to gain access into Hogwarts," Walburga explained, "the Dementors appear not to be performing their duties properly." 

"Black has already been sighted around three times," Lucius said, "so I expected them to have already caught him.". 

She glanced at Lucius briefly before carrying on with her meal. After dinner, Y/n went back to the spot where she had spent the summer. While sitting on her bed, she placed a book between her legs. However, she was unable to focus on reading like she normally does.

Narcissa peeked her head through the door and observed the girl. "May I come in?" Narcissa asked, Y/n closed the book with a nod as she walked into the bedroom. As the woman looked at Y/n, she moved to allow Narcissa to sit beside her.