3.0 ∣ family dinners

(1993)

Many years later, Y/n was thirteen years old and beginning her third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where the sorting hat placed her in Slytherin as per her family tradition, so she became the new Noble House of Black heir.

It was difficult for her to make friends, but most of the people she met were not loyal, and only used her for the family's name. Theodore Nott, who she met by sitting next to him in their first dinner at Hogwarts, as well as Grace-Taylor Newman, with whom she shared a dorm and shared the same taste in music. Where the two who she knew were in for the long hall no matter what.

In her second year, Y/n became friends with Luna Lovegood. Someone who others thought was a little odd than the normal wizard.

Counting that Luna, Grace and Theodore were all pureblood's she didn't get in trouble with her mother.

Walburga shouted at Y/n for the first time when she was eight years old and was outside talking with a local child. For almost a month, she was grounded. That's when she knew to keep her mouth shut around Muggles and Muggle-borns.

She also tried out for the Quidditch team during her second year, losing against Draco, who took over the position of seeker instead. 

Walburga could let her play Quidditch if Y/n could distinguish between being a lady and playing the sport.

Theodore got the spot of a keeper, something Y/n was proud that he could do. Grace, on the other hand, didn't understand anything that had to do with Quidditch.

Currently, Y/n was getting ready for supper with the Malfoy's and her mother down in the living room. It was their annual before Hogwarts dinner where they talked trash about other purebloods and discuss what was wrong with the Ministry. Something Y/n had strong opinions about but could never say, Because she was 'too young, to know anything'

When Y/n finished styling her hair in the mirror, she was lit by candlelight. A loud banging on the door caused Y/N to jump. "Y/N CAPELLA BLACK", Walburga Black skyed, "YOU BETTER BE AWAKE IN THERE!" 

"I'm awake mother," Y/n spoke, clearly looking towards the door. Before turning and moving toward the windows, she opened the curtains to let more light into the room. 

As her mother banged on the door, she was filled with a feeling of nervousness. In fact, her heart started racing, refusing to remain inside her body. 

"FINISH DRESSING, AND COME DOWN! THE MALFOY'S ARE ARRIVING!" and with that, footsteps were heard leaving the room, and Y/n let out a gravelly sigh, returning to the mirror to straighten her hair. 

The Malfoy's were here to celebrate Y/n's birthday. Walburga surprised Y/n when he told her that they were planning to have a birthday dinner. Y/n was not expecting anything from him. 

Dressed appropriately in a Ruched Detail A-line black Dress, with small heels, she fixed her hair and dressed appropriately. A burning candle was extinguished by pressing Y/n's finger against it, resulting in smoke spewing from her fingers. 

The door was knocked again, but this time the sound was softer, so Y/N made her way to the door and opened it. Looking down, she saw her house-elf Kreacher. "Happy birthday! Master" Kreacher spoke, cheering. "Master told Kreacher, that the Malfoy's have arrived!" Y/n nodded looking at the thin, balding house elf. 

She followed the house-elf out of her room, holding tightly to the bannister while walking down the stairs. 

Almost two weeks had passed since she had returned to Grimmauld Place. Y/n put a smile onto her face pressing both of her lips together. Holding onto the bannister as I walked down the creaking steps was like putting on a doll's face, trying to find the right smile.