5.9 ∣ weasley is our king

Their feet crunched under the cold ground as they walked down the sloping lawn toward the stadium. 

No wind was present and the sky was a uniform pearly white, so visibility would be good without having direct sunlight on the face. 

Flint was talking to the team as he looked at Crabbe and Goyle, who had made it out. 

While the crowd poured out of the castle toward the pitch and voices grew steadily louder, Y/n changed into her Slytherin robes, sitting on top of her robes was a 'weasely is our king' badge, she knew that they wanted her to wear it, but she just put it to the side and sat with the team next to Theodore to listen to Flint's meeting. Noticing that everyone was wearing the badges. 

"I just found out Gryffindor's final lineup," Flint said as he examined a folded piece of parchment. "Fred and George Weasley, are still the team beaters unlike us getting Crabbe and Goyle." 

"Wonderful" Y/n muttered, to herself, causing Theodore to smile upon hearing her sigh. "Why couldn't Theodore be the beater once again..." she mused. 

Based on the practices, she knew that Fred and George had a greater chance than Crabbe and Goyle since they were just going to be double versions of Draco. 

"Y/n, Nott is a phenomenal keeper-" Flint warned, "other than that, the team is the same, with good beaters, Angelina Johnson as the captain... counting Potter as the seeker-" 

Y/n rolled her eyes when she felt eyes on her. Crabbe and Goyle glanced at each other. "Harry is not going to get in the way, so could you please stop staring at me," Y/n replied, grabbing the broomstick lying in the corner. 

It was now possible to hear hundreds of footsteps ascending the banked benches of the spectator stands. 

As some people were singing, Y/n's heart began to race, knowing what they were singing. It was the first time she had felt nervous on the field, knowing that this was the game that would save her reputation. 

"It's time," said Flint in a hushed voice. "C'mon everyone...good luck."

Y/n gave Theodore a high-five before holding onto each other's hands for good fortune. 

The members of the team rose, picked up their brooms, and marched into the bright sunlight in single file. Despite the cheers and whistles that surrounded them, there was still a roar of noise that welcomed them. 

When the Gryffindors emerged from the hut, Y/n noticed Harry right away walking beside Angelina and looking to the side, causing her to follow and look at Draco, who was wearing a badge and standing by the side. "Captains shake hands," said the umpire, Madam Hooch, as Angelina and Flint approached each other. "Mount your brooms," she instructed.

Madame Hooch placed her whistle in her mouth and blew it. After the balls were released, the fourteen players began shooting upward; out of the corner of his eye, Y/n observed Ron running toward the goal hoops. 

Dodging a Bludger, Y/N soared higher and ran around the pitch, searching for a glint of gold while Harry followed not far behind Y/n.  "And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me-"

"JORDAN!" yelled Professor McGonagall.

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest...and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Flint, she's...ouch...been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe...Flint catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and...nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Flint, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away, stolen by Nott-..."