4.4 ∣ hogwarts announcement

When Y/n awoke the following week, there was a distinct gloom in the air. Draco was picked up by both Narcissa and Lucius the day after the world cup disaster. Walburga was going to meet Y/n on the platform as she does every year to bid her farewell in a warm and gracious manner. While she wore a white dress shirt, black pants, and the oversized leather jacket, heavy rain still splattered against the window as she prepared to change into her school robes on the Hogwarts express. 

She and Grace had just reached the first-floor landing on their way down to breakfast, Theo was laying on the couch, he didn't seem to be asleep just tired. "Y/n! Grace! Theo!" Mr Newman called, from the kitchen. "Breakfast is finished!" 

Grace nodded towards Theo while Y/n nodded walking over and shaking the boy. "Theo up-" She commanded, he turned to her studying her before sitting up. "Didn't get any sleep?"

"Not on this couch" He complained sitting up and stretching his back. 

Y/n and Theo both entered the dining area when they saw Mr Newman finishing plating the table. Grace was half asleep, none of them seemed to be able to get sleep because of the thunderstorms late last night. "Rough night for everyone?" said Mr Newman.

The fourteen-year-olds nodded, while they all started to eat, Y/n with her back straight and elbows not on the table, Theo who was slouching a little with one elbow on the table, and Grace who was just leaned down eating. "Grace smacked me in the head" Y/n mentioned causing her best friend to look up in utter confusion. 

"I wonder who the new defence professor is" Grace uttered looking up from her breakfast. At her two friend's as they thought about it. So far since Y/n's arrival to Hogwarts, they had three that didn't seem to stick; Quirrel rumour said, he had a Voldemort sitting in the back of his head, Lockhart was the daftest person she had ever met; But Moony was one of the best professors that she had, no one would be able to live up to how he taught. 

She shrugged, picking at her food, "Well, Remus had to be one of the best" Y/n said, "No one can beat him."

"Y/n are you still on the Slytherin Quidditch team?" Mr Newman asked, causing the girl to nod slowly. 

"Oh yeah, Flint told me to replace Draco. I wonder! Who's the new caption?" 

"Same," Theo mentioned, "I haven't gotten a letter yet, from Flint who the next captain was..."

"Odd" 

In response to the laughter of her two best friends, Grace let out a small laugh. "I would be willing to pay galleons, if Theodore were the next captain...in the sixth year," Grace replied, putting her fork down. "Or Y/n?"

With a smile on her face, Y/n said, "That took you too long to say.".

"Theodore has more skill, Y/n you look good."

"I know," Y/n said with a wink before taking a bite of her meal. 

Y/n gasped as Theodore shook his head, "Honestly, I have you beat in looks." Theodore replied. 

Mr Newman asked, "Are you three arguing?". The Slytherins nodded their heads as the man grinned as he walked back into the kitchen. Theodore rolled his eyes in amusement when Y/n threw a roll at his head causing Grace to burst out laughing.

"You're so childish" Theodore muttered placing the roll down onto the table. 

"You'll marry me in the future," Y/n proudly stated with a smile on her face, not really caring about the thought of marrying Theodore considering it would be the marriage of her best friend. 

Before heading to King's Cross station, the four of them ate the rest of their breakfast. There were too many of them to apparate to the station, so they arrived by muggle taxi.