So he just kinda.. sat there. Let the love birds canoodle or something. Hope nothing graphic would occur. Maybe if he found some dangerous chemicals, he could blind himself before they started anything.

"C'mere Peter" Tony flipped the attention back to Peter, which both relieved and terrified him at the same time.

Complying silently, he slid off of the couch onto the floor, scooting closer to Tony and Stephen.

Tony reached his arm out, which Peter's eyes followed carefully, and pulled him in.

It was a hug.

It was a nice one too.

Not like the ones May gave him when she was in a good mood.

Just an innocent hug.

Peter slowly started to return it, but his arms never made it to Tony's back before the billionaire pulled away.

Small tragedies can be just as tragic as small victories are pleasant. This was one of those moments. No point dwelling on the past though.

"How are you doing, Peter?" Tony asked, looking Peter up and down to see any changes that'd happened since they last saw each other.

Peter wanted to say something. Maybe that he was tired. Maybe that he was sore. Maybe that the various cuts on his body hurt and he wanted something to help it. Maybe that he wished he was asleep or dead right now. Hell, maybe he just wanted another hug. Who knew?

So of course, being Peter, he just nodded his head.

He wasn't at his best, yeah, but he also wasn't at his worst. That was a plus, right?

"What's something you guys wanna do, play a game maybe? Take a walk?" Tony suggested, seemingly more accidentally clueless fatherly by the second.

"Uh uh uh, no walking for him" Stephen interjected, tilting his head while he shook it "it's a miracle he's awake and alive based on what I've heard. Even with his 'amazing healing'," insert air quotations, "as he's told me so many times, there's no way I'm letting him off his ass until this week is over and I've gone over everything. Maybe two weeks, maybe a month" he added time to it, hoping that perhaps he could keep Peter under his care for a little bit longer.

He wanted to make sure everything healed properly and well.

"Wait— a whole week? A month? I can't do that!" He surprised himself too when he refused the offer "I mean.. what about Spiderman and all that? I've already been out for so long, and I know probably no one really cares, but what about those times when it matters? I can't just stop. I think.. I feel like someone might need me.." He didn't want to find out on the new that someone got hurt, because he knew he'd be able to stop it, and he knew he probably would've too.

"Peter, we talked about this" Stephen sighed. He  didn't really sound annoyed.. just mildly impatient "it's not your job. You hold no obligation to anything. What you give is a service. No one can make donations with no money, just like you can't save lives with no health"

"But—"

"No buts. You're here until I give you the clear, and that's final" Stephen's voice seemed a bit stern there.

Peter realized he was way too far out of line now. If this was his aunt, he'd probably already be scrubbing off the couch. He decided he didn't want to keep edging it on.

He ducked his head, disguised as a nod, trying to hide the disappointment he felt.

Tony clasped his hands together, grabbing the remote soon after.