81

--

I opened the door for her and we're here together. 4 years since the last time that we drive together and I really missed it. does she also miss it? God, I hope so.

You can feel the awkwardness between us, the air that touches our skin makes us goosebumps, but thank god Laine broke the silence.

"Where's your driver?" she asked when she got inside the car.

"I realized that I don't need one, cause I can do it by myself" I answered. she taught me that...

"A-Asan na yung driver mo dati?" she asked again.

"He's still our family driver, but nasa Palace" I answered again. sobrang awkward lang for us. imagine, 4 years kaming hindi magkasama. she left me for so many reasons, but here...we're driving along the way to the meeting place.

I can't resist so I wanna ask something but...

"So, how are you?"

"K-Kumusta?"

We laughed when we say it nang sabay. "K-Kumusta?" she's the one who asked first.

"I'm getting better day by day" this was my answer. cause I'm not totally healed, not really. "You?" I asked her.

"U-Uh, good" yup, she's good.

The silence came again dahil hindi ako makapag open ng topic. I can't function properly, the most beautiful woman ever existed was here...my clarity was here but I lessen my pride to open up a new topic.

"H-How's life?" I asked.

"She's happy" she said while smiling at nakatulala. who's happy? does her life has a gender? an identity? or what?

"What?" takang tanong ko at tila natauhan pa siya.

"I mean...I-I'm happy, j-just like you i-its getting better d-day by day" she answer me with thay forced smile. "H-How 'bout you?" I asked.

"If you're asking me how's my life we'll my life says good" because she told me that she was good so yeah, she's my life so my life says good.

"N-Nice" tugon niya. okay failed, she didn't get it.

"Where are we going nga pala?" I asked. at tinuro niya ang daan. "May kalayuan din pala" tugon ko.

She didn't respond so I need to think of another topic and... "Ilang taon ka nang manager?" I asked.

"A-Almost a year" sagot niya. that means, she went home last year?

"So what's your job in last 3 years?" I asked again. I'm so damn curious.

"W-Work from home" sagot niya. "I-Ikaw?" tanong niya.

"Kagaya ng work ko dito" sagot ko. "I think we're here" panira naman! nandito kaagad, pero may mamaya pa naman.

We went inside the company at agad kaming sinalubong ng mga greet ng mga employees until we saw the C.E.O of this company.

"Good Afternoon Sir, I'm Lallaina Hudson the Manager of the C.Ly group of company" Laine offered her hand, and Mr. RSA accepted it. she's so very professional on her job...

"Sandro Marcos Sir, Senior associate and Economic consultant of the same company as Ms. Hudson" I also offered my hand and he also accepted it.

"Nice to meet you again Sandro, it's been a while since we've met. and also you Ms. Hudson...come on, let's go inside they're about to start" he told us. "Where's Mr. Ly?" he asked.