Ch.1

(The second picture is Emmy btw, I'll have a picture of Karlee next chapter of you wanna know what they look like)

"Mom!" I screamed from upstairs

"Yes darling?" she said walking into my room.

"what do I wear? I wanna look good." I say looking into my closet. Today was my first day at my new school. starting at a new school, in a new house, in a new state. California... I've always wanted to live here but now that I'm here I wanna move back to Washington D.C.

"honey, wear what you would normally wear. nothing too showy and slutty looking. now what would you like for Lunch?" she asks leaving the room.

"ugh, okay. Anything you want to pack that I would like!" I say.

It's just my mother and I most of the time. My brother comes back every now and then. He's in college at Florida State university. then I had a good outfit idea. I grabbed out a army green shirt with a camo pocket and black leggings with army green Doc. Martins and off white high socks so you could see them sticking out of my boots. I went to the bathroom and put on mascara and a silver eyeshadow. I then brushed out my long blonde hair and curled it. I braided the front prices and bobby pinned it back. I grabbed my bag and my phone. I walked downstairs and put down my bag.

"how bout this?" I asked my mom spinning around on my heels.

"Get em girl!" she said handing me my keys and lunch. I gave her a hug and kiss goodbye. I put my lunch in my bag and walked out to my car. I guess you could say I'm really close to my mom. ever since my dad left us to move to Alaska my mom and I became best friends. My dad leaving was probably the hardest thing for my brother. he was super close to my dad. he always did everything with him. I was taken out of my thoughts when I spotted my new school. I turned into the parking lot and found a good spot near the front. I locked my car and walked into school finding the front office. When I found the office I walked in.

"excuse me? I'm a new student and I need a schedule." I say. the lady looks at me rudely and then looks at her computer.

"name?" she says harshly.

"Emmy- Emmy Skye" I say kinda nervous.

"ah! right here!" i jump up scared. she hands me my schedule and I walk out to my locker. locker #123 I giggled at my locker number. i finally found my locker and put in my combination. aha unlocked. I put all my stuff in my locker and short everything out. I looked at my schedule one more time. Geology first. great! i hate that subject. I get my stuff and head to room #109 which was right down the hall. I walked into class and there where only a couple of kids in there. mainly the nerds. I walked up to the teacher.

"I'm Emmy Skye, a new student here."

"yes, yes. you will be sharing a seat with Mr. Lance in the back corner." he says. I say my thanks and go to my seat. I pull out some paper so I can take notes when class starts. The one minute bell goes off and a bunch of kids walk in. The nerds, ratchets, jocks, and the Populars. A jock ends up sitting next to me.

"you must be new?" he asks

"yeah. I'm Emmy."

"Devin." he said sticking out his hand. I shake it and look back up towards the board.

"Um, so do you play any sports?" Devin asks.

"I used to play soccer, but I broke my ankle and never wanted to play again. so I didn't. if you count laying in your bed all day a sport then there you go!" I say giggling, which causes him to giggle too.

"funny Em. is it alright if I call you that?" so many questions.

"yeah! if you want" I said.

"okay. what are you doing tonight?" again another question.

"again I don't do anything beside lay in my bed." I giggled again.

"do you mind if I take you out to a beach party tonight? it won't be very late. maybe 12. no drinks, smoking or anything."

"yeah. that sounds fun." I say nodding. I go back to work and catch up on all the stuff I missed from talking. the class went by fast.

"Emmy!" I hear someone say. I turn around and see Devin.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"your locker is near mine. so I thought I'd walk with you." he said.

"oh okay." I say.

~later that night~

"ugh nothing to wear." I say to myself. I walk into my closet and pick out a tight black dress that had the back cut out. I paired it with a long silver necklace that went down to my belly button and black open toed flats. I grabbed a off white long cardigan just incase it got cold. I grabbed my phone and keys and purse and said my goodbyes to my mom and left for the beach. when I got there I spotted Devin right away with some guys and girls. He was sitting next to this really pretty girl. I went and sat next to Devin.

"Hey, you came?"

"how could I not?" I say giggling.

I sat next to Devin and I saw this guy looking at me. I looked away and kept talking and meeting new people. The really pretty girl that Devin was sitting next is now my all time favorite girl. she and I have a lot in common. she came over after the party because she was gonna spend the night at the other girls house but they ditched her. so I asked her if she wanted to come over. she said yeah.

~back at Emmys house~

"so that was pretty much the whole house." I say to Karlee.

"dang! this is nice." she says.

"yeah I guess you could say that." I laughed.

Karlee and I change into pajamas and go downstairs to watch a movie. we wanted to watch Cyberbully so we could cry. don't ask just a new friendship thing. we both cuddled up to each other and cried. then i felt my eyes get heavy. I soon fell asleep.