CHAPTER 36

[Edited with an empty bucket]

This chapter was originally named "Decision". So the 'decision' is yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

"AVA!" Eden and Alex yelled in shock before Eden rushed in her direction. Before Eden could reach Ava, he was pulled back by two of Ryan's men.

"Leave me! Leave me, you fuckers! Ava! Ava, look at me! Ava, you okay? AVA!" Eden asked with worry painted over his face.

Backstory - Ava and Eden were childhood sweethearts, each other's first love. They were happy together until Ava went back to San Francisco with her parents. They broke up on a good note. Since then, Eden never got serious with a girl. He never trusted any woman enough to stay forever.

Ava had a white cloth tied around her mouth with bloodstains. Eden was still concerned about her, even if they broke up. Our first love is always hard to forget.

"Leave me!" Eden growled as the guards held him tighter. "Ryan fucking Walker, you are going to bloody regret bringing her into this!" he threatened him.

"Daddy! Save me, please! I am feeling afraid!" little Alaina called for help. Alex looked at his daughter, and his eyes softened. He couldn't see his princess crying.

"Princess, hold on! Daddy will save you, okay?" Alex assured Alaina, who nodded in response.

"Oh my goodness! How can you save her when you aren't safe either? Guards!" Ryan said. Almost thirty to forty guards entered the place and surrounded them. Alex looked around to analyze the place and plan their victory.

"Ryan, you are a coward, you know. Just standing there with a helpless little girl and a gun pointed at her doesn't make you a man!" Adam mocked at him.

"You don't need to worry about me being a man or not. I'm going to show how manly I am when I kill this brother of mine and make that wife of his, what's her name? Diana, right? How I'm going to marry her and have her every ni-"

Before he could continue, a loud bang echoed through the silent airport. Alex had shot Ryan right in the head without second thoughts. Alaina let out a loud scream as they both fell from the first floor. Alex's men started fighting and taking control. Adam managed to free Eden while Belle went to Ava and released her. Ryan's corpse fell on the floor. Alex rushed to catch Alaina and succeeded before shooting Ryan's body until he ran out of bullets.

"How dare you speak of my wife like that, you asshole!" he yelled and kicked his bloody body twice. Alaina's cries made him look at her. His eyes softened, finding his daughter crying hysterically. He embraced the little Diana and patted her nape gently. Of course, the little was scared to see death so near. "Shh! He's dead. You're safe. Daddy saved you, okay?" he continued whispering sweet nothings in the little one's ear, making her sobs die eventually.

"D-Daddy, this b-bad uncle s-shot a-aunt Ava," she said, sniffing in between.

"We'll take her to the hospital, hmm? Stop crying. Daddy can't see these pearls being wasted," Alex said, wiping her tears. "Let's go to mummy, okay?"

"Ava, you okay? Hey, it's me, Eden!" Eden said, holding Ava in his arms. She had lost her consciousness. Ava managed to gain consciousness after a few minutes. She looked around and found herself in her first love's arms. Their eyes locked, lost in the past.