CHAPTER 4

(Zane)

So here's another chapter to enjoy.

Feel free to give your precious feedbacks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Club

Alex's POV

"And here, I won," I said, placing my cards on the table with a smirk. Sweat dripped off Mr. Harvey's forehead. This time, he lost his house to me. With his head hung low, he and his wife stood up to walk away.

"I have nothing else to stake. I'll take my leave then," he said and started walking towards the stairs.

Mark came to me and whispered, "Sir, he has two daughters." I smirked as a devilish thought popped into my mind.

"Wait Mr. Harvey!" I said, stopping them on their tracks. They turn to me, looking confused.

"I heard you have two daughters?" I said, more like asked. Their eyes went wide with shock and fear. Well, they know me good. Any decent parent won't let their girl near me because I'll just use them.

"W-What do y-you mean, M-Mr. Walker?" he asked with fear clearly visible all over his face.

"How about you stake your eldest daughter? If you do so, I'll stake everything I won from you - your money, your house, your land, everything," I offered. Hesitation and fear were the only words written on their faces at the moment.

"It's not like I'll win always. The rest's up to you," I said and stood up.

Brayden's POV

"It's not like I'll win always. The rest's up to you," he said and stood up. I think God has given me a chance to get everything back and even Diana and Belle would be safe with us. I can't drag them into poverty with us.

"Okay," I said after thinking.

"What are you doing? Diana will - " Laura whispers to me but I cut her off.

"We can't drag them to streets with us. This is our only chance!" I whispered back.

"Okay then. Have a seat," Alex said with a smirk. I and Laura sat back on our places and the game begun.

"Let's play roulette this time," he suggested.

"Okay!" I immediately agreed as we almost never lost in roulette. My hopes of winning were sky high at the moment.

"Please bet on a number," the keeper woman asked.

"No. 33," I said.

"No. 21," Alex said with a smirk.

The woman spins the the roulette and after a few seconds, it's slows down. As the ball slowed it's movement, my heart beat increased.

" And... no. 21!" the woman announced. My heart dropped at the statement. I lost Diana. I failed her as a father. Tears filled my eyes at the thought of Diana with this beast. I very well know what he can do to my daughter.

"Mr. Walker, please spare my daughter!" I begged him, who is smirking.

"I'm going to take what's mine," he said, stood up and left. Laura broke down beside me, cursing at me for staking Diana while my own mind is blank at the moment.