CHAPTER 25

[Edited]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex's POV

"Nah! Not interested! I already got someone," I said, replying to her.

"Tsk! You're no fun. By the way, I heard you were a playboy kind of thing. How could you give a girl your heart?" she asked, making me chuckle.

"It was she whole stole it. And here I am, head over heels for her," I said. And I regretted it badly right now. I just had a girl in my pants last night which made me more guilty to even face my love at the moment, let alone confessing my feelings. What I did to her before she left was already enough to hate me to hell. She chuckled at my line, but I feel so bad and dirty right now.

"Aunty, can we please go to get an ice cream?" the Alaina girl asked, pouting to Ava cutely.

"Mind if I spend the day with the duo?" I asked. Firstly, this little one was fascinating me and next, it's been long time since I and Ava met. We had a lot to catch up.

"Sure thing. It's been a dozen years. We got a lot to catch up," she replied with a smile.

"Let's go," I said. We walked out of the mall. I called Zane to cancel all the meeting and clear my schedule for today. No matter how important the meetings were, Ava and Alaina were the my top priority for the day.

Ava's POV

As it is said, it feels good to be home. And my home had never been without my dumbass brother, Alex.

We sat into his car and roamed around Edinburgh, the whole day - eating various types of specialties, roaming around stores, gulping juices and devouring ice creams. Alex bought many soft toys for Alaina.

"Why?" I asked as he handed another plushie to Alaina, who was squealing in joy.

"Let me spoil her. If I had a daughter, I would spoil her too. Since she has no father, let me be her uncle at least," he replied. I sighed and let them be.

"Thank you, Mr. Handsome," Alaina said, placing the 11th plushie at her sides while sitting behind.

"Always welcome, Angel," Alex said, smiling at her through the rear view mirror. It was almost evening and I presume that Liam and Diana would be freaked out by our absence.

"Drop us at Stevens," I said to him while he drove.

"You are staying there?" he asked, concentrating on the road.

"Yep! My fiancée is rich enough!" I proudly claimed. He just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

After about twenty minutes, the car halted as I got out with all those shopping bags in my hands. I managed to get them all in one hand and held Alaina with other. "Bye then. See you soon!!!" I said.

"See you soon! Don't forget to call me at the wedding!" he said and drove off.

I and Alaina entered the hotel and directed towards my and Liam's room. I left Alaina's hand for a minute and knocked the door. Diana opened it and greeted us with a smile. I held Alaina and we entered the room.

"I'm so tired ~ " I whined as I kept the bags on floor and plopped myself onto the bed.

"My baby seems worked up," I heard Liam say with a chuckle. Lazy enough to answer, I nod my head in agreement.

"We will get going... see you at dinner," Diana said.

"Oh wait! Get all these stuff. It belongs to your bAbY," I said, imitating baby in her tone.