CHAPTER 34

[Edited with holy water]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How's she, doc?" was the first question asked to Diana's attending physician when he stepped out of the ER.

"Mr. Walker, your wife had a panic attack. Anxiety and stress led to low blood pressure, and as a result, she fainted. We need to wait for her to wake up," the doctor explained. Alex sighed in relief that she was okay. Alaina kept on crying while hugging Alex's leg. That poor girl had suffered a lot since morning.

"Can we see her?" Alex asked.

"Sure!" the doctor replied and went away.

Alex lifted Alaina in his arms before heading inside the room. His heart broke into a million pieces when his eyes lay on the wires attached to her pale body. He placed Alaina down on her feet. She immediately ran to her mother, holding her free hand.

"Mommy, please wake up! Please! I will be good and never run away. Please wake up, mommy. I sware I'll never eat chocolates. Please! Wake up," the little one cried more and more. Alex went near the bed and sat on the stool before pulling Alaina to his lap.

"Shh! Mommy will be okay! Dad promised, right?" he whispered to her. She nodded in response while still holding her mom's hand. Alex sighed and wiped her tears with his thumbs. "Daddy can't see those tears in her princess' eyes. Don't cry, princess!" he said while his tears had started dropping earlier.

"You also don't cry. Mommy won't like it!" she said, wiping his tears with her tiny hands.

Alaina hugged Alex, which shocked him. It wasn't the first time, but it was out of love and another unknown feeling of warmth. Alaina had hugged her father out of every other emotion except love which he felt now. Without any further delay, he wrapped his muscular arms around her little self and secured her in his protective embrace.

Time Skip

It was nearly midnight. Alex chose to stay with an unconscious Diana and sent Alaina home with the others. At the moment, Diana was his top priority. Nothing else mattered.

The mighty Mafia King, brought up in the comforts of a warm home and cozy bed, was now lying on the hospital couch, which was too short for his 6 feet height. The cold breeze was giving him chills, but he still slept. Oh, that wasn't a goodnight's sleep in any way.

Diana's closed eyes showed some moments, followed by her fingers. The willpower to seek the truth of what happened inside the airport made the woman strong enough to hear the reality. She didn't want to give up because of semi-truths.

The first thing she saw was the ceiling which wasn't white anymore due to the darkness outside. Ignoring the mild pain in her left hand and her head, she managed to sit up on the bed. As soon as she looked in front, her eyes widened, and her whole existence froze. Seeing the love of your life yearning of warmth wasn't something Diana planned to witness the moment she opened her eyes.

Once again, ignoring the body pain, she stood up, carefully removing all the wires from her hand, and headed to the couch with a blanket. Carefully covering the shivering male with the warm duvet, Diana witnessed how cutely Alex snuggled into it for more. Letting out a small chuckle, she found herself colliding with a hard chest as her smile faded. Diana looked at Alex, who was looking more 'appealing' (if that's the word) from close. She gulped a bit before checking his face out. Those light pink lips, long lashes, slightly pointed nose, plump skin, everything about him made her love this man more.