CHAPTER 27

[Edited]

90k reads special

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Diana, the two hour meeting proved to be more longer than usual. She was receiving a lot of stares and questioning glances, but she ignored them all. She didn't want her past to scare her present and future. Had she known that the one she was meeting was Alex, she wouldn't have dared to step out of USA.

It's been five years. Things have changed drastically. Zane has a light stubble now, while Alex is a clean shave, which was the other way before. Eden has grown more muscular while Adam has been working out lately.

"Diana!" She snapped out of her trance as she heard Liam whisper-yell.

"Ah- yes?" she looked at him with a frown.

"We got this deal!" he informed excitedly. "But, we need representatives here. And being the Vice CEO, I think you should lead the project. Please! This is Ava's dream!"

Diana thought for a while before turning to her friend. "Liam, I know it's your and Ava's dream, but I need time to think. I even need to consider about Alaina!" she replied.

"So, what's you final decision? Who is leading this project?" Alex cut their internal convo off, placing his elbows on the table and palms clasped right in front of his mouth, hiding that cocky smirk.

"We need to have a discussion, Mr. Walker. We will let you know the decision by tomorrow morning itself!" Liam replied in a professional tone as he turned to Alex.

"Okay. Take your time!" Alex replied to Liam, but his eyes were on Diana. He stood up, followed by everyone else. "Meeting dismissed!" he announced, making all the workers of both the companies walk out. Only Alex, Zane, Liam, Diana, Eden, Adam, and the secretaries of the two companies were present.

"Mr. Pierce, it will be great working with you!" Alex said with a faint smile as he forwarded his arm for a handshake. Liam smiled and shook hands with him before nodding.

"It's my pleasure, Mr. Walker. I wanted to take this opportunity for my fiancee, A- Ouch!" he got cut off as Diana pinched his back.

"Are you okay, Mr. Pierce?" Zane asked with a frown.

"Yeah. I'm fine!" he replied as he looked at Diana who's glaring.

"Who's your fiancee, if I may ask?" Alex said, not sounding too curious.

"This is my fiancee, the Vice CEO of my company, Diana Harvey!" he announced, making all four pair of eyes widen in shock.

Alex's POV

From the windows of my cabin, I saw their car drive away. Smashing the glass I held onto the floor, I growled. "Diana Harvey, now that I got you, I won't leave you," I said.

"You're doing it wrong again," I heard Zane say. I turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.