You Can Run, But You Cant Hide

After a lengthy conversation with his father about his health, Mason felt even worse than before.
His father was sick for three years. For three years he unknowingly sat next to, ate next to, visited and spent time with him, not knowing he was slowly but surely dying on the inside.

His dad told him he had something very important to tell him but his mother knocked on the door interrupting them.
She didn't want Mason to see him in this state but it was bound to happen. She could only hide his illness for so long.

"Why didn't you tell me" he asked her but his father stopped him. He wasn't being rude or disrespectful, he just felt left out. He's their only son, their only child, yet he was excluded out of something he should of been apart of.

He gave his father a kiss on his forehead and left the room, leaving his mother standing there alone.

He had a rush of emotions. He's a free man but still felt more trapped than ever. Plus he never finished his conversation with his father, nor did Jessica show up for him or reached out.

"Mason, someone's downstairs for you"

His frown was turned upside down, she had finally came to see him, or so he thought.

He went downstairs where Ramona, Jess's mother stood looking nervous. Raymond came in behind her and Mason stopped where he stood.

There wasn't any bad blood between them, but Mason did the one thing he shouldn't have done, engaging in a relationship with Jessica.

"Mason... I need your help. Jess is missing"

"Missing ??"

"She never came home from prom, Chelsea hasn't seen her, I filed a missing persons report but there's nothing more I can do right now"

He clenched his jaw, his face turned red and he was fuming, in a quick instance he went upstairs to his fathers library.
His father grew him up shooting riffles so he knew where every weapon in this house was stored.
Back in the day, they didn't have a safe with a code, they had hidden holes in the walls or a cracked tile that wasn't really cracked but gave the illusion that it was so no one could step on it.

His father kept his riffle in his study room behind his book shelf. This was his only weapon seeing that the police station kept his gun because it was used as a murder weapon.

He tucked it in the back of his pants, tightening his buckle so it wouldn't drop out and fluffed his shirt over it. Masons gut told him something was wrong all this time but he didn't listen.

He went back downstairs and ran into his cousin who helped him run his club and restaurant.

"Where you going cous?"

"I'll be right back"

"Yo, dont go out there getting in problems, you already scared me once, dont try that shit again"

"I wont.."

"iight bet. Im bout to head out, love you bro"

"Love you too" he dapped him up and went back to Jess's mom and dad.

"Mason" Raymond said, finally speaking to him.

"Yes"

"Lets go and find my baby girl" Ramona stayed back, they didn't want her anywhere near them right now. Plus she was too emotional to think or deal with anything.

                           *******************
                            Hannah's POV
                           *******************