A Free Man

Cisco sat next to Mr Franklin, the lawyer for the prosecution side. As a lawyer he still couldn't represent himself, so Mr Franklin immediately took him on once the judge sanctioned him to testify.

He sat there shaking in his boots because he knew his only way out of this was by snitching.

"Do you think he's gonna talk now?" Mason asked Ms Baker and she reassured him that the only doors he would be walking out of today, would be the front doors out of this courtroom as a free man

The judge called Cisco to the stand and swore him in.

"Do you Cisco Torrez, promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God"

"I do" he said with his hand on the Bible.

Cisco had been summoned to testify on his behalf and as to why he was caught on camera placing a gun into Masons safe. Ms Baker knew this was her big break, she had to come guns blazing at him the same way she did with Hannah.

"Mr Torrez, can you explain the nature of you and my client's relationship?"

"Umm, yes. I work, sorry, Worked for Mr King"

"What kind of work did you do for him?"

"I was his lawyer"

"Was as in past tense?"

"Yes mam"

"When did he fire you?"

"He didnt"

"He didnt?" She repeated

"No mam he didnt. I quit"

"Oh and why was that? Was the ten thousand a month he paid you not good enough?"

"No. I mean Yes. Yes it was enough"

"So why quit ? Were you offered a better job else where?"

"No mam I wasn't"

"Are you currently employed?"

"I'm still a lawyer"

"For who though ? Do you have any clients besides my client ?"

"Objection your honor, there is no sustainability or reasoning behind her questions, she's badgering the witness"

"Sustain. Continue Ms Baker" he said giving her the okay to continue.

She repeated the question and Cisco replied that he didnt have any current clients. Mason was his last.

"Did Mr King ever give you any reason to believe that he can harm Ms Jones in anyway?"

"No mam, he didn't"

"Do you believe he hurt anyone of those ladies the night of the incident?"