Another One Bites The Dust

Vanessa Jackson
POV
                              One Week Later
**********

                           Vanessa Jackson                                      POV                              One Week Later                                 **********

"Goodnight I am Paige Simone and I am reporting live from CNN. Last Week, the body of missing Chicago High Prepatory school student, Samantha Perkins was Found floating in the South of the Chicago River. This week, two teen cousins have been reported missing, we have no idea if these two incidents maybe related, but we have search and rescue dogs scouting the area day in and day out. Also the tragic car crash that took the life of"

"Turn that shit off Devon !"

He chuckled muting the TV eating a bowl of Froot Loops. How could I be related to such a monster ? Someone so vile, wicked and dangerous. I tried my best to not show it but I was terrified of my cousin, terrified of what he's capable of and what he would possibly do to me if I got on his bad side.

"What now ?" He asked as I gritted my teeth at him.

"Why Devon?"

"Why what?"

"What did that girl ever do to you ? Why did you hurt her"

"She was talking" he shrugged taking another bite of his cereal

"She was scared Devon !"

"NOBODY TOLD HER TO TELL THEM I HAD HIV !"

"How do you know she told them Devon ?"

"The idiot didn't know I had an app that tracked her on her phone. The minute I noticed her talking to Jessica and her friends, I knew she ratted. She was a snake"

"And what are you ?"

"Excuse me?"

"You've been snaking Mason for months ! That man is innocent Devon !"

"Don't you ever say that mans name again in my presence"

"Fine, but what about Hannah, they're still legally married. But eventually his lawyer is going to find a way to stop the cash flow from his accounts. You're trying to suck him Dry Devon"

"AS I SHOULD" he slammed his fist down.

What made this man feel so entitled ? Whether Mason liked me or not, he was sitting in a prison cell for weeks, rotting away for something he didn't even do or took part in. My conscience was starting to eat away at me, but I couldn't rat, I couldn't snitch on Devon because family or not, I know he would hurt me.

                                    *******
Raymond Jones
*******
"Hello?"