ninety one | dreams come true

After Stephanie pulled Christian's hand away from his own wrist and simply held his wrist with her own hand, Christian looked over at her and smiled at her, just as the announcer said, "In third place, it's the Harmony Busters

After Stephanie pulled Christian's hand away from his own wrist and simply held his wrist with her own hand, Christian looked over at her and smiled at her, just as the announcer said, "In third place, it's the Harmony Busters." As soon as the Harmony Busters grabbed their trophy and left the stage, the announcer said, "And now, the first place winner of the 2015 high school show choir nationals championship is the New Directions!"

And while Kitty went ahead and grabbed the trophy to hand over to Mr. Schuester, Christian immediately turned to Stephanie and tightly wrapped his arms around her as he started to laugh to himself and actual tears of joy started to roll down the sides of his face.

And as a result of his current excitement, Christian went out of his way to hug every single member of the New Directions, whether they wanted it or not.

* * *

Three months later

As soon as Mr. Schuester made it into the middle of the crowd of people inside of the choir room, he said to them, "Wow, um... I have to say this is the most exciting first day of Glee Club that we have ever had. N-No offense to the alumni who have been here since the very first-ever Glee Club meeting." After he sighed to himself, he said, "Alright, please, everyone, have a seat."

While everyone went to go and sit down, like he said for them to do, Rachel asked him, "So, Mr. Shue, when are you gonna start auditions?"

Kurt replied, "Yeah, I think you're gonna have trouble sticking to your whole 'whoever wants in, gets in' rule."

While Christian did nothing but chuckle in response, Mr. Schuester said to him, "Not true, Mr. Hummel." Then he turned to the crowd of students and told them, "The New Directions will be only one of the glee clubs at this school. I'm bringing back the Troubletones and starting an all-boys version called the Duly Noted. And we're also gonna have a junior varsity squad for those who feel like they need a little seasoning before they're ready for the big time."

It was then that Mercedes asked Mr. Schuester, "So, wait, how are you gonna teach all those glee clubs and run a school?"

Mr. Schuester replied, "I'm not. I'm actually not coaching any of them."

Artie asked him, "Not even the New Directions?"

Just as Mr. Schuester was about to respond, Christian asked with his head tilted to the side, "Does that mean that you're not going to end up torturing these poor souls with your attempt rapping, like you did us and what I had to deal with for, like, the nearly six years I went to this school?"

After only chuckling to himself in response and nodding at Christian, he told them, "Well, uh, I've interviewed a... a candidate for that particular job that I really like. But until then, I wanted to say farewell to you all with a song that I prepared for this occasion." After he stepped away from them with a guitar in hand, he said to the alumnus, "My life changed... because of all the magic that we created in this room. And if I've learned one thing, it's the message in the lyrics of this song."