seventeen | dream on

With his arms crossed over his chest, Christian did nothing but look between Mr

With his arms crossed over his chest, Christian did nothing but look between Mr. Schuester and the blonde man that was standing in the front of the room as Mr. Schuester said, "Okay, guys, listen up. This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board, and, uh, he would like to say a few words." Just as Mr. Schuester started to walk to a chair of his own, he suddenly stopped and said to them, "I-I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions."

It was then that Mr. Ryan said, "Take out a piece of paper. And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself."

After a couple seconds of thinking, Christian finally managed to write down his own dream.

It wasn't until Mr. Ryan grabbed Artie's paper and started to crumble it into a ball and tossed it into a trash can that Christian scoffed and looked up at Mr. Ryan as he said to them, "Your dream is never going to happen. Ninety-one-percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to 'work for a mid-market health insurance provider' or 'find an entry level job in an elderly care facility', you're going to be very disappointed."

While Mercedes said 'this is really depressing', Christian scoffed once more and asked, "Why the hell do you have to be such a frickin' dick, Mr. Ryan?"

When Christian overly pronounced Mr. Ryan's last name, Mr. Ryan narrowed his eyes at the fourteen-year-old before he said to the club, "I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve 'showbiz'. Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all."

Tina told him, "But... that's what I want to do with my life."

Mr. Ryan replied, "Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment."

Mr. Schuester said to him, "I think we get your point."

Mr. Ryan told them, "Aw, well, Schuester here's a prime example. He used to have that glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in almost all of yours. But he couldn't make it happen for himself, so he now has to try and convince you all that it will happen for you. Guess what? His dream didn't work out. And neither will yours."

The moment that Tina started to cry, Christian's hands clenched into fists and he stared at Mr. Ryan with narrowed eyes as Mr. Schuester said, "Okay, you're done here."

Mr. Ryan said to Mr. Schuester, "You would be wise to show me some respect."

While Christian slowly stood from his seat and started to walk further and further away from his chair, Mr. Schuester replied, "You've said your piece. Now get out."

Mr. Ryan said to him, "Well, Schuester, I should thank you. You've made my decision about which program to cut a lot easier."

Just as Mr. Ryan turned around and started to walk towards the door, Christian reached into his pocket and took out the paper that had his dream written on it and after crumbling it into a ball, he threw it right at the back of Mr. Ryan's head.