twenty one | audition

After closing his locker, Christian did nothing but close his eyes when he found himself face to face with Jacob Ben Israel, who had a microphone shoved in Christian's face as he asked, "Christian, how do you feel knowing that you have to repeat y...

After closing his locker, Christian did nothing but close his eyes when he found himself face to face with Jacob Ben Israel, who had a microphone shoved in Christian's face as he asked, "Christian, how do you feel knowing that you have to repeat your freshman year all over again?"

After being silent for a couple seconds, Christian shrugged before he replied, "I don't know. How do you feel knowing that you're about to get punched in the face in about five seconds, if you don't get the hell out of my face and take that camera and microphone with you?"

Jacob's eyes widened before he quickly turned around and ran away from the annoyed fifteen-year-old, who only swung his fist at the cameraman, who didn't get away nearly as fast as Jacob had.

All Jacob did from a distance was watch as Christian repeatedly threw punch after punch into the cameraman's face before he eventually stopped and quickly looked up and over at Jacob, whose eyes widened once more.

While leaving the camera and the cameraman behind, Jacob ran away from them and left behind Christian, who picked up the camera and stared into the lens.

After a couple seconds of silence, Christian simply said 'no' before he turned off the camera and shoved it into an opened locker nearby.

* * *

With a paper in his hand, Mr. Schuester said, "These are comments from Jacob Ben Israel's most recent Glee Club blog. 'Glee is a giant ball of suck'."

Kurt said to him, "We get it, Mr. Shue. Everyone still hates us. So what? So we're plankton on the high school food chain. Only difference now is that none of us really care."

Mercedes replied, "Kurt's right. We're a family. They can bring it all they want. None of it is gonna break us."

Mr. Schuester said to them, "I'm really happy that you guys have all bonded. The problem is that all of this negative stuff is keeping other students from auditioning."

Tina said to him, "Good. Why do we need new members?"

Mr. Schuester told them, "Well, since Matt transferred, we only have twelve members. And if we want to go to Nationals-- if we want to beat Vocal Adrenaline-- we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound."

While she nodded to herself, Rachel got up out of her chair and said, "Yeah. Mr. Schuester's right, you guys. You didn't see Vocal Adrenaline at regionals. They were epic. We're gonna need more voices in order to beat them."

Then Finn stood from his own chair and said, "Yeah. I'm with Rachel on this one."

While Brittany said 'gross', Christian replied, "Of course you are. I mean, you are her boyfriend, after all."

After Finn made it to stand on the other side of Rachel, Mr. Schuester said, "You're gonna have to trust me on this, guys. Now, here's the plan. Nationals are in New York this year. And we are going! Now let's go out there and show the school how cool it's gonna be, how cool we can be. If they're not gonna come to us, let's go to them. They say we only sing show tunes and eighties pop. Let's show them how down we are. Let's give 'em the song of the year, New Directions style."