seventy two | shooting star

With a hand raised, Mr

With a hand raised, Mr. Schuester told them, "I hold in my hand, ladies and gentlemen, our competition for regionals." After they all clapped amongst themselves, Mr. Schuester said, "Drumroll, please."

As they all lightly hit each other, Mr. Schuester said, "From... North Central High School in Indianapolis, the Hoosierdaddies."

With a shake of his head, Christian said, "That is the stupidest name I've ever heard."

Instead of responding to Christian's words, Mr. Schuester said, "And from Our Lady of Perpetual Loneliness in Battle Creek, Michigan, the Nun-Touchables."

With a sigh, Christian asked, "Okay, honestly, who the hell is coming up with these names?"

While Mr. Schuester only sighed in response, Blaine asked, "Wait, is that a convent?"

Mr. Schuester said to them, "Now, guys, I like our chances against both of these squads, but we still got a lot of work to do."

It was then that Brittany said, "Mr. Shue, please stop talking. I have an announcement. I regret to inform you a deadly asteroid is headed our way."

While Christian only raised his eyebrows and shrugged to himself in response, Blaine asked her, "Wait, didn't we just go through this at Christmas?"

Tina replied, "Yeah, and is it true you and Sam got married? Did that happen?"

Brittany said to her, "Shut up, Tina." Then she told them, "I'm naming this comet Tubbington-Bopp, and it is headed straight for Lima."

Artie asked her, "Wait, so it is an asteroid or a comet?"

Brittany told him, "It's both."

Then Marley asked her, "Wouldn't NASA know something about this?"

Brittany said to Marley, "We can't trust NASA. I mean, last month a meteor exactly like Tubbington-Bopp hit Russia with no warning at all."

Artie replied, "Oh, so now it's a meteor."

Brittany told him, "That's right, Artie. And when this meteorite hits, I will not be spending my time in this room preparing for regionals. I will be spending my last hours making amends with somebody who I need to get right with. Someone who I love very much. Lord Tubbington." While Christian started to chuckle to himself, Brittany said to them, "So go back to your homes and hide your wife, hide your kids and hide your wife. McKinley High, I salute you."

* * *

From inside the choir room, Brittany said, "I'm really surprised that Jesus Christ Superstar has chosen to end the world this way instead of the way he killed off the dinosaurs, which was a global yeast infection."

While Christian's eyebrows furrowed as he glanced over at Stephanie, who only entered the choir room to help him with his homework for two of his classes, Wade asked, "Do you think God will let me be a girl angel in heaven?"