forty eight | extraordinary merry christmas

While Christian ignored the text messages he received from Jesse, who believed that since it was around the Christmas holidays that Christian should move past all the wrongs Jesse had done to him and forgive him for everything he'd done for the pa...

While Christian ignored the text messages he received from Jesse, who believed that since it was around the Christmas holidays that Christian should move past all the wrongs Jesse had done to him and forgive him for everything he'd done for the past sixteen years, Gabrielle sat down on the other side of him and watched how Christian practically scowled at his phone as he frantically deleted all the texts he was receiving from Jesse on that specific day.

It wasn't until Christian practically threw his phone into his bag that Gabrielle asked him, "Whose texts were you deleting just now?"

Christian replied, "Why do you care? It's not like it's any of your business, anyways."

Gabrielle sighed before she asked him, "Christian, how do you expect to ever truly trust me, if you won't tell me something like this?" After Christian slowly turned his head to look at her, she said to him, "I just want you to trust me, Christian."

After being silent for a couple of seconds, which involved him repeatedly eyeing her, he told her, "Fine. I was deleting all the texts my brother's been sending me all day."

Gabrielle asked him, "Why would you be deleting your brother's text messages? I mean, shouldn't you at least be responding and be glad that he's at least thinking of you during this time of year?"

Christian scoffed in response before he replied, "Smythe, I'm afraid that your relationship with your brother is nothing compared to the one I have with mine. While you and your brother get along, me and my brother do not. He's done nothing but undermine me, belittle me, make me feel as if I was nothing, and nearly drove me to getting alcohol poisoning after he betrayed me and my friends two years ago shortly before we had to go to Regionals. I know you might think otherwise, but not every single person in the world has such a good relationship with their siblings. As far as I'm concerned, my brother could either drop dead or get hit by a frickin' bus. I want absolutely nothing to do with him, just like I want nothing to do with my sorry excuse of a family."

With furrowed eyebrows, she asked him, "Well, if you're not going to be spending Christmas and New Years with your family, then who will you be spending it with?"

Christian told her, "Puck and Cameron."

Just as she was about to respond, Finn entered the choir room with Rory Flanagan beside him and said to the Glee Clubbers, "Hey, everybody, listen up. My man, Rory Flanagan here, wants to say a few."

Rory said to him, "Thanks, Finn Hudson." As Finn made his way over to his own seat, Rory told them, "So, guys, my mummy was going to come visit for the holidays, but plane tickets are expensive, so it's my first Christmas without any family. I'd like to cheer myself up by dedicating this song to them-- and to the King."

Kurt asked him, "Jesus?"

While Christian only chuckled to himself in response and Blaine simply looked over at Kurt, the intro the song was being played before Rory sang, "I'll have a blue Christmas. Without you, I'll be so blue just thinking about you. You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white, but I'll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas. I'll have a blue Christmas." While the others sang 'ooh, ooh', Rory sang, "That's certain. And when the blue heartache stops hurting, you'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white. But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas. Ooh..."