one | showmance

For the first time ever since he turned twelve, Christian St

For the first time ever since he turned twelve, Christian St. James actually hated a place a lot more than he ever hated Carmel High School.

And the place that he hated far more than Carmel High was William McKinley High School, which was mostly made up of people that pissed him off to no end.

Whether it was when they tried to approach him and asked him whatever questions they wanted or attempted to throw a slushy in his face, it didn't matter.

He just hated them all and he couldn't wait until he was finally out of the school and as far from Lima, Ohio as possible.

It wasn't until a certain football player named Noah Puckerman had actually thrown a grape flavored slushy in Christian's face that his hatred for the school had grown even more before he decided to lunge towards the laughing football player and punched him in the face.

Noah wiped the blood off of his bottom lip and stared down at the blood on his finger before he looked back at Christian and said to him, "You're dead."

Christian only scoffed to himself before he threw yet another punch at Noah, who managed to dodge the punch and then threw a punch of his own and hit Christian's nose.

Instead of stopping to wipe the blood away from his nose, Christian practically threw himself at Noah and tackled him to the floor before he threw several punches at Noah without stopping.

And while both participants in the fight had thrown several punches at each other, a crowd of students surrounded them and watched as the fourteen-year-old boy, who only joined their school the week before, viciously fought one of the most popular members of their football team.

It wouldn't be until Mr. William Schuester had left his classroom to find the source of the noise that he quickly pushed his way through the crowd of students and somehow managed to separate Noah Puckerman and Christian St. James before he pushed them away from each other.

* * *

With multiple bruises on his face, a black eye that covered his right eye, a bloody nose and a shirt soaked with slushy because of the constant drips of it that fell from his hair and his face, Christian found himself sitting inside the office of Principal Figgins with Principal Figgins himself and Mr. Schuester.

After silently looking between the two members of faculty with a blank look on his face and his arms crossed over his chest as they gave him their final decision on his punishment for getting in a fight, Christian scoffed before he asked them, "You're kidding me, right?"

Principal Figgins replied, "No, I most certainly am not kidding you. Your fight with Mr. Noah Puckerman was unlike anything I've ever seen during my time here as the principal of this school and believe me when I say that I've seen many fights. One of which involved two children being sent to the hospital after they threw lightbulbs at each other, and that is something that many members of the faculty here still like to remind me of whenever they see a fight that is almost as bad as that one was. I still don't even know where they managed to even get themselves lightbulbs, since how they both came from strict families that forbade them from having weapons of any kind."

After eyeing Principal Figgins, Christian asked him, "And what the hell does that have to do with me? Last I checked, I didn't hit that mohawk-having-asshole with any lightbulbs."

Principal Figgins replied, "That doesn't matter. What matters is that you got into a fight with Mr. Puckerman and this school frowns upon any acts of violence whatsoever."

Christian scoffed before he asked Principal Figgins, "Oh, so you have problems with your students fighting each other, but you can turn the other cheek when one of your students throws a slushy into another student's face? That's a load of bull."

Principal Figgins said to him, "Be that as it may, you still broke into a fight and almost broke Mr. Puckerman's nose in the process. An action like that cannot go unpunished."

Christian replied, "Oh, yeah? And what about the disaster we all had to watch in the gym? I take it that that won't be getting any punishment, either?"

Principal Figgins responded, "On the contrary, Mr. St. James. I have limited the types of songs that the Glee Club can perform as a result of what had occurred in the gymnasium. And because of Mr. Schuester's apparent need for new members for the Glee Club and the fact that you seem to have no problem with getting suspended, I have no choice but to demand that you join his club until further notice."

In response to Principal Figgins words, Christian's hands had slowly clenched into fists, which got the attention of Mr. Schuester, who eyed the fourteen-year-old boy with furrowed eyebrows and a deep frown on his face.

Before Mr. Schuester could so much as say one single word to Christian, Christian had quickly gotten out of his seat and left the office.

With a sigh, Mr. Schuester watched while Christian let out a yell as he threw a punch into a locker before he threw his backpack further down the hallway and nearly hit a nearby student.

* * *

With a blank look on his face, Christian did nothing but sigh when he listened to his older brother, Jesse, boast about how he was the golden child in their family and how Christian was the troublemaker of it.

Instead of bothering to argue with Jesse, much like he did in the past, Christian only remained silent as he listened to Jesse list all of the things that he'd succeeded in doing ever since Christian was expelled from Carmel High School and forcibly transferred to William McKinley High School.

It wasn't the first time that Jesse had practically rubbed in Christian's face all the things that he succeeded in doing, nor would it be the last, since– in the eyes of their parents– Jesse could do no wrong.

It was this reason alone why Christian was kind of glad that he actually was taken out of Carmel.

After all, with Jesse's high ranking in the school and the fact that he had other students doing all of his schoolwork for him, Jesse had all of the time in the world to remind Christian of all of his failures, which was mostly why he got into so many fights while he attended the school.

And much like what had happened the other times that Christian had gotten into fights, Jesse rubbed it in Christian's face about how he would most likely never get the chance to graduate– what with all of the fights that he was getting himself into.

It was this reason alone that Christian had simply chosen to hang up on his asshole of a brother and tossed his phone aside and then chose to ignore the sound of his ringtone when Jesse had attempted to call him, only so that he could– once more– remind Christian of his own failures.

It was moments like this where he wished that he was an only child and didn't have a brother like Jesse frickin' St. James.

Or– as he liked to call him– Jesse St. Jackass.

And after he eyed his phone to make sure that it wouldn't suddenly fall off of the roof, Christian had picked up his still lit cigarette and brought it up to his lips with that same exact blank look on his face before exhaling after a couple of seconds.

At this point, Christian St. James just needed another outlet for his rage before he would end up getting himself tossed into jail because of his short temper.