two | acafellas

With a blank look on his face, Christian stared at Mr

With a blank look on his face, Christian stared at Mr. Schuester, who said, "Five, six, seven, eight." Then he simply sighed to himself before he did as he was told to do, while Mr. Schuester said, "Step and step. Step and step. And turn it around. And down and up. And hit, hit... down... hit..."

It was then that Rachel Berry asked Mr. Schuester, "Uh, can we stop, please?"

After turning to look at her, Mr. Schuester said, "You don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, Rachel. You can just go."

Rachel told him, "It's not my bladder. It's the choreography."

Mr. Schuester asked her, "Okay, what's wrong with the choreography?"

Christian only sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes, while Rachel said to Mr. Schuester, "We can't compete with Vocal Adrenaline with these steps. You're a great vocal coach, Mr. Shue, but you're not a... a trained choreographer. That's what we need to be the best. We need Dakota Stanley."

Christian sighed once more as he muttered under his breath, "You've gotta be frickin' kidding me."

Since the three members of the Cheerios were closest to Christian, they were able to hear what he said and did nothing but eye him, while Mr. Schuester replied, "Just because he understudied doesn't mean he ever performed."

It was then that Quinn Fabray asked him, "Did you ever perform, Mr. Schuester? After high school. Did you even try?"

With a sigh, Christian raised a hand and asked, "Does this mean that our rehearsal is done now?" When Mr. Schuester only sighed in response, Christian said, "That's great. 'Cause I have other stuff I need to do."

Without even bothering to pay his fellow members of the club another glance, Christian grabbed his backpack and quickly left the room.

* * *

After spending the rest of the day and night ignoring all of the text messages that Jesse had sent him, Christian found himself back in the choir room, sitting in a chair and debating on whether or not he should go ahead and just block Jesse's phone number, only to stop and look up when he heard a door open and close to see Rachel Berry standing in front of the now closed door with a tray of sweets in her hands.

With a raised eyebrow, he simply eyed Rachel before he simply scoffed to himself when Rachel told them, "He's not coming."

Finn Hudson asked her, "What happened?" After listening to Rachel's explanation of what happened, Christian only chuckled to himself, while Finn said to her, "Of course he doesn't want anything to do with us after you kicked him in the nads."

Rachel replied, "Then why did he thank me?"

Christian said to her, "Maybe it's because he doesn't have to see your frickin' face all the time now."