thirty seven | born this way

Quinn said to Rachel, "Oh my God, you're getting a nose job

Quinn said to Rachel, "Oh my God, you're getting a nose job."

Rachel replied, "I'm considering having a minor procedure to repair my deviated septum."

Santana said to her with a nod of her head, "So, a nose job."

While Christian simply chuckled in response, Rachel said to them, "Look, I'm... I'm happy with the way that I look, okay? And I've embraced my nose. But let's say I wanted to have a slightly more demure nose. Like Quinn's, for example. I-I would never change my appearance for vanity, but, I mean, the doctor said that it could possibly improve my talent, which would help us all for Nationals."

With a sigh, Christian said, "Rachel, Rachel, Rachel." When Rachel looked over at Christian and said 'what', he told her, "Look, Rachel, I'm glad that you want to change something about yourself to try and make you a better singer, but let's face it. If you were truly happy with the way you looked, you wouldn't change the shape of your nose to make it look something like Quinn's, okay?"

Just as Rachel was about to respond, Christian said to her, "Look, just take me for example, alright? Growing up, long before I was expelled from Carmel and sent here, I had my parents, Jesse and all of Jesse's friends get down on me because of my appearance. They either didn't like my facial structure, the way my nose was shaped, or the way my voice sounded. You know, both when I was singing and just talking. But you know what I did? I chose to ignore those frickin' assholes and keep myself to look the exact same way. I was just like, 'Screw you guys. I'm not going to change crap, just for you to actually make me feel welcome in this failure of a family'."

After sighing to herself, Rachel was about to respond, only to stop when Mr. Schuester asked her, "Possibly? What about the risks? Your voice is amazing as is, Rachel."

After scoffing to herself, Santana said, "Hold up. Could we all just get real here for a second? I hear that Rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. I mean, I wouldn't know because, like Medusa, I try to avoid eye contact with her. But can we all just stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? I mean, I'm sure that Sam's been at the doctor's office and rifled through pamphlets on mouth reduction. I'll bet Artie's thoughts about getting his legs removed since he's not really using them anyways. I'm sure that there have been times in Christian's life where he's thought of changing his whole entire appearance, just so that he doesn't have to look anything like his parents, but most specifically his brother, Jesse St. James." While Christian only raised his eyebrows in response, Santana said, "And I'm definitely sure that Tina's looked into getting an eye de-slanting."

While she turned to look over at Santana, Tina said, "That's extraordinarily racist."

With a shake of her head, Santana replied, "I'm keeping it real."

Tina said to her, "Sorry, Santana. I'm a beautiful person. I'm in love with myself, and I would never change a thing."

Mike asked Tina, "Is that why you're wearing blue contacts today, Tina?" While Christian simply chuckled to himself in response, Mike said, "Self-hating Asian."