sixteen | laryngitis

With his arms crossed over his chest, Christian did nothing but roll his eyes as Mr

With his arms crossed over his chest, Christian did nothing but roll his eyes as Mr. Schuester said to them, "I am very disappointed in you guys."

Finn said to Rachel, "Can't believe you narced on us."

Rachel replied, "Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. I'm tired of carrying all of your weight. Regionals is in a month, guys."

Mr. Schuester said to them, "I'm just trying to understand what's going on here." Then he turned to Finn and asked him, "Finn, why did you stop singing?"

Finn told him, "'Cause you started giving all the male leads to Jesse. It kind of shook my confidence, you know?"

Christian said to Mr. Schuester, "I mean, Finn does have a point. Jesse is kind of a great singer who has a good voice, and with someone like him in this club, what's the point in trying when you have him singing lead with Rachel?"

Santana sighed before she asked, "What difference does it make? Everyone knows that my job here is to look hot."

Quinn told Mr. Schuester, "My baby hormones are making me moody."

With her hands pressed against both sides of her face, Brittany said, "There are so many lyrics."

Mr. Schuester told them, "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A glee club is about a myriad of voices coming together as one. Alright? This ends now. Which is why your assignment for the week is for each of you to come up with a song that best represents how you see yourself-- where you are in your lives right now. Your voice. Then... you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out. All of you."

Kurt asked him, "Solos? In front of everyone?"

Mr. Schuester said to them, "The Glee Club has lost its voice. It's time for us to get it back."

* * *

With furrowed eyebrows and a scrunched up nose, Christian looked over at Noah and did nothing but eye him as Noah said to Mercedes, "Girl, you got more curves than a Nissan ad."

Mercedes replied, "Seriously? That's what you came up with?"

With a sigh, Christian only lightly patted Noah's shoulder and chuckled to himself, while Mr. Schuester entered the room and said to them, "Alright, guys. Let's get things started."

It was then that Rachel said to Mr. Schuester, "As I was first on the sign-up sheet, I'll kick things off." While Mr. Schuester said 'okay' and walked around the piano, Rachel told them, "I have chosen Miley Cyrus's The Climb, because it's about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds. In my case, the obstacle is you-- my lackluster teammates who refuse to carry their own weight."

With a sigh, Christian muttered under his breath, "It's moments like this that make me wonder why I'm even nice to Rachel to begin with."

Without even bothering to glance over at any of his teammates, or most specifically Noah Puckerman and his lack of a mohawk, Christian stared at Rachel with a blank look on his face as Brad started to play the intro to the song.