Epilogue

~ ~ Sylar ~ ~

~ ~ Sylar ~ ~

Kings Moon Pack - Montana Mountains

And so it came full circle. The entire King's Moon Pack assembled for this momentous occurrence. The moon, at its fullest as an alignment of stars never witnessed before, graced the night skies above the Montana Mountains that I now called my home. 

Here was where I'd met my mate, my soulmate, my very own living, breathing goddess, Willa.

I always thought I understood the meaning of the word mate, or soulmate, but I was wrong. By some crazy mix-up, they gave me two mates. But only one completed both halves to make me feel whole.

Finding Willa, they gave me the greatest of loves and I vowed to always fight for her love... until my last day on this earth. She loved me too and together we lived for each other... would die for each other and I blessed every single day that the universe granted me time to spend it with her.

And today, as I become a father for the first time, together we would welcome our firstborn.  One that bore an enormous responsibility, neither of us knowing truly what to expect. But we would meet that challenge head on, and I would love her, nurture and protect her.

A gift to the world, we'd been told. But in truth, our daughter meant so much more to us.

I won't deny it had been a shock when Willa confessed her pact with the old soul, Luna, and the sheer magnitude of that decision.  And I also wont deny it saddened me that she had lacked faith to tell me beforehand, but I understood and forgave with the blink of an eye. She had been willing to risk everything for Pearl and given up her birthright to protect and save the ones she loved. 

How could I hold that against her?

"Okay, Sylar?" Sage, my sister, asked.

I was, and I wasn't. Stood outside the pack infirmary, we were all waiting. Inside was my mate, the Elders, Eve and Misha. Misha was the only one allowed inside because of her healing abilities and should the unimaginable happen and my mate needed help.

"Just nervous." That was an understatement, as I blew out a breath.

Sage rubbed my back in small circles. "Everything will be fine, Sylar, oui?"

I turned and smiled. "It has to be." I couldn't live if I lost Willa. We'd not spent a night apart since our mating and it had killed me to lead her inside the infirmary and then walk away. I could feel her trepidation and excitement, which was only matched by my own.

Physically, I may not have been with her to hold her hand, but through our bond, I could sense and experience everything, offering her comfort and my strength. For this, to me, was stronger than the magic that surrounded us tonight.

"You can feel it too?" asked Sage.

I could.

The Elders tonight had woven spells eons old, called upon the elements and spun magic that I could barely comprehend but feel its power. "Yes, I feel it."