Thirty Two - Pearl

Sacrifice

Sacrifice

I said the word out loud as I woke up from the weirdest dream. In fact, it hadn't felt like a dream at all. Sitting up, my eyebrows crunched as I ran my hand down my arm to feel a dewy moistness.

Had it really been a dream? Or something else...

I'd been in a forest; my feet bare the dirt cold and the leaves damp underfoot. The smell had been intoxicating and rich, but unlike any forest I'd been in as there wasn't a sound, not a tweet from a bird or a rustle of leaves from the trees.

Just eerie silence.

As my eyes had surveyed the beautiful landscape, a woman appeared as if out of nowhere. Her face strangely was familiar, but I couldn't recall where I might have seen her before.  It was as if my imagination had created her and then turned her into something real, like a gift from the great Devine herself—whoever she may be?

Gracefully, she moved toward me, her white hair moved, lifted, but by no breeze. Her hands reached out to touch the trees and bushes, almost as if it was her first time here too.

I'd tried to speak, but no words came, just a current of energy, vibrations caressed me. The closer she came, the warmer and more at ease I felt.

She loved me—but I didn't know how I knew that.

Not to be left out, my wolf and remaining houseguests, which I had narrowed it down to being five squatters since the departure of the Jinn, hummed in their delight of her being ever closer to us.

It clearly drew them to her as much as I was.

Within touching distance, her blue eyes smiled as she spoke only one word before I woke up.

Sacrifice

I gave my head a little shake—yep, that dream was one for the crazy file alright!  Chewing the inside of my cheek, a nervous trait I'd picked up from Sage. I looked for any signs that Cassius may have returned.

He hadn't. And I was worried about him and Sylar.  But surely Sylar would have reached out to me if there was a problem?

Perhaps check in with Gunner to make sure.  'Gunner?'

Radio silence

I let out a breath.  'Sylar... Gunner?'

Nothing... nada. Okaaaaayyy.

Throwing the covers back, I shifted to the edge of the bed.  Find my sexy Alpha and get some answers! First problem, I was naked having shifted in the woods before I headed here to Cassius's room where I was hoping to ravish him on his return but sadly, I'd been left disappointed.

My wolf whimpered.

"I hear ya girl, lets go get our Alpha." Rising from the bed I walked towards his wardrobe. Surely, he had something I could wear.  Opening only emptiness stared back?