Twenty Nine - Sylar

Willa's face was a picture of pure radiance as she drove us to

Willa's face was a picture of pure radiance as she drove us to... well, wherever she was driving us too.

To be blunt, I didn't care, just being alone together was more than I could hope for. Although it was a relief to be away from her family. Intense had been an apt way to describe my interaction with the Alpha.

"I'm sorry about my brother back there... back with the Elders." She gave me a quick glance before focusing on the dirt tracks we were travelling along.

"It's okay. I get it. He's protective and worried for you."

She shook her head. "No—I meant how my brother treated you. He was out of order... disrespectful calling you pup and a boy."

I wouldn't deny it had annoyed the hell out of me. Back in London, they trusted me to run the UK arm of Wolfe Industries with no one questioning my decisions. "I'm not a boy Willa. I can handle myself and I can handle your brother."

Okay...perhaps a tiny white lie. The Alpha gave me pause for concern. Not only was he formidable in every shape and form; he had something unknown to me inside me. And the thing... Jinn. It was getting stronger, feeding off him.

"I only care about what you think and feel Willa." That was the truth.

"I don't see you as a boy, or pup." She reached over and brushed her hand over mine. Her touch lit a spark, like a nuclear reaction it flooded my nervous system, coiling, awakening something as I became aware of our closeness. And the fact we were going to be alone.

"Soooo this cabin, how far?" Trying to distract myself from the weirdness going on inside my body.

"Oh, yes. Nearly there. My father built it for my mother. It has a beautiful spot by the lake."

"Where are your parents?"

"Travelling. And thank the Goddess for small mercies. If my mother knew what havoc and pain Ember was causing—it would rip out her heart."

"You know they're gonna need to be told."

She shrugged. "I know."

"Do you miss them?"

"I do and I know my mother will adore you, when you meet."

Phew, at least one member of her family might be in my corner.

"We're here." Her excitement was infectious as a smile erupted across my face.

Bringing the jeep to a stop. I leapt out and dashed to the other side to help her. Not that she needed it. But I wanted to. Gavin had drilled into me the importance of being the perfect gentleman.

Willa took my hand as she jumped over and I marvelled at how our hands fitted together perfectly. We walked a few steps when she stilled.

"Do you want to swim, Sylar?"