Eight - Pearl

Gunner snorted next to me

Gunner snorted next to me. Looking up—was that a smile? But the sun was behind him in my eyes, so I could have imagined it.

Squinting.  Yup, definitely a smile. "What's going on with this?" My finger drew circles around his face. I'd seen him crack a smile once, maybe twice—well apart from his sinister I'm going to enjoy killing you smirk.

He looked down, lifting an eyebrow. Ah, that's more like it. His signature fuck off face.

I held his stare. Perhaps it was being here... in this place. It was different from what I'd expected. The smell for one and the pack members I'd met so far, well apart from being built like super-hot sex bots! They were all nice and friendly.

Sylar nudged me. "You feel it too?"

Turning. "Yeah, but I couldn't' tell you what it is, but something about this pack—just feels right."

"Like home," he said to my surprise.

"Hmmm." I hummed in agreement. Like home.

As we stood around, obviously waiting for the Alpha to show up. A breeze rolled in, overwhelming me with that smell. The heavenly scent of Nutella and pine, oh and let's not forget cinnamon.

I didn't think I could ever tire of that smell as the rush of arousal kicked off... again.

Oh bollocks!   I needed to get a grip on this. I couldn't constantly walk aroused; I would end up jumping someone. Good job I'd brought Charlie along for the ride. Mind you, if I played my cards right, I could very well be in for some real-life cock. The looks that were being thrown my way by a few pack members made me feel like a happy meal and I was up for being devoured!

Looking over my shoulder, I spotted movement in the thick bushes. A head larger than I'd ever seen broke through, and silvery grey eyes stared back.

My cheeks heated, pulse quickened and then everything silenced and I'm not lying when I say, my heart stopped and the air in my lungs froze as if the world had shifted around me and I was in the centre being pulled in, or rather sucked in.    

I blinked twice as the compact undergrowth parted and through the greenery out came the biggest, most magnificent wolf I'd ever seen—with the blackest of coats apart from a silver patch over one ear.

Fuckity-fuck!  He was beautiful.

His eyes flashed in the sunlight and out of nowhere my wolf erupted into a giddy girly mess, prancing around, whimpering, swishing her tail before bending on her front legs to stick her arse in the air.   Oh yes, she was attracted to this wolf.

Damn, I was attracted to this wolf! He made me want to get down on all fours and stick my arse in the air.

Rein it in Pearl.