Four - Wolf

Two hours later, my wolf sated

Two hours later, my wolf sated. We'd fed and a modicum of calm had settled across my chest. Padding onto the deserted airfield, my keen senses were alert as Seth reached out to me to inform me all was prepared.

The airstrip unused for months and even if humans had been around, they still wouldn't have seen us as we were cloaked under witch's magic.

The engines roared to life as I approached the stairwell, waiting were Seth and Nile, my Gamma. Nile lowered his head, offering out clothing, expecting me to change. I was in no mood to shift.

'I will remain wolf.'

He lowered his hand, and I trotted up the steps to the plane.

Settled in mid-air, I relaxed across three chairs.

Well, relaxed as much as any wolf could. The aircraft seats weren't accommodating to a wolf and especially not one of my size. But there was no way I was using the floor.

Willa had always said I let my pride get in the way and no one would consider me weak if I travelled in as a man. But I preferred my wolf, all my senses functioned, and in addition, they were much sharper.

Although today I had a different reason for having him take the lead, I could reach out, attempt to contact Willa as he would remain alert to our surroundings. Working together strengthened us.

"Alpha, I sent Noah ahead to visit the neighboring pack—Longridge," interrupted Seth.

My concentration broken, I returned my focus to him.

He continued. "Noah reported that all appeared peaceful and had been for the last two days—a little too quiet. But under the terms of their agreement, they have not ventured onto their lands."

Unintentionally, I growled. Something felt off. It stirred in my guts, leaving me coiled like a tightly wound rope. There was something I would find, something I needed to see. It called to me like the ocean's sirens

'Something is amiss, Seth. I can feel it.'  Neither Seth nor Nile would doubt me.

I ran through my strategy. Kill first and ask questions later might be a little excessive for this visit. Perhaps this would be the day Alpha Walker met me as Alpha Cassius King. Rocking the equilibrium might benefit me.

~ ~

We landed and disembarked. Seth disappeared and returned shortly in an open-air jeep. He and Nile sat up front and I jumped in the back.

'Anything else to report, Seth?'

"Noah is waiting at the East Point."

The Blue-Night Pack had been a thorn in my paw for longer than I could remember, and if it weren't for the pups, I would have ended the lowlife scum close to a decade ago. Their cruelty was renowned, infamous. Sadly, we'd never been able to gather enough evidence that they'd turned humans against their will. But today, my head threw out the repeating mantra—something was different. And I was sure today I would leave their pack with more than just additional weight added to my soul.