Nine - Pearl

Sylar, Gunner and Seth lifted the table and adjusted it back into its rightful place—I couldn't believe one person had lifted the bloody thing but it took three to put it back in its upright position

Damn, my mate was strong! Hold up, he wasn't my mate... yet!

Sylar picked up the picture frame, now broken, the table having crushed it.

'Willa!'  he said as his gaze cut to mine.

That's it, I remembered the name... Duh!  Sylar had mentioned the name Willa on the plane.

"That's her... the girl from your dreams?"

The fine lines around Seth's lips drew tight as he walked around the table and took the picture from Sylar. "You know Willa King?" he asked, frowning before looking towards the open doorway where the Alpha had left. "How, how do you know of her?"

Sylar shot me a wary look. "You need to tell him, Sylar. The Alpha was asking if I knew her and seemed mightily fucked off that I didn't."

Seth's mouth popped open, obviously he wasn't used to females with a potty mouth. "Listen Seth, I drop the F-bomb quite a lot—get used to it sunshine."

He raised an eyebrow and then smiled, cocking his head to the side. "As I said. You make quite the impression Pearl Du-Ponte."

"Hmm, but apparently not a good one on your Alpha."

"Give him time, he's not a people person. He's—" he stopped.

"—What?" Perhaps if I could learn more, I could understand why he'd flipped out.

"My apologies, Pearl. He will need to tell you himself—but please be patient with him. He stood for a moment pondering and then laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Having you as our Luna will never be dull."

I blushed but doubted me being their Luna would happen soon—if at all.

He returned his attention back to Sylar. "Tell me what you know of Willa?"

Sylar told him everything up to the last dream, including his concerns over her safety. Seth soaked every word and never once interrupted.

"The Alpha will need to take you to the Elders. This could help us find Willa?"

"What happened to her?" asked Sylar.

Seth ignored Sylar's question. Why was everyone so secretive? But I knew Sylar was already taking a peek inside Seth's head.

We all turned towards the door as a beautiful woman stood in the doorway, her eyes roaming until they landed on Gunner. She sucked in a breath. "You said it was urgent?" Her question was directed at Seth, but her eyes remained on Gunner.