Forty Four - Pearl

Thank Fuck

Thank Fuck.  I was being released.

Not from prison... although the infirmary was beginning to feel like one and I was quite prepared to plan a jailbreak!

Both Eve and Cass had insisted I remain in the infirmary for another two days, so I hadn't been able to drag my Alpha to bed and ravish him like I'd wanted too.

But this morning they had given me the okay to shift and feed.  It had been lovely to run through the forest, feeling the wind in my fur and the soft ground beneath my paws.  I would never again complain about anything!

Cassius was alive and well.  I was alive.  The only small thing I had to worry about was Willa giving birth to a goddess, a deal she'd made to save me.  But as she said, every time I thanked her I needed to stop worrying and just enjoy the here and now.  We had lots of time to prepare and make sure she was okay.

Returning to the infirmary.  Eve gave me a final once over before I showered and dressed.  I looked at the dress Sage had brought for me to change into.  It was beautiful for sure, black and fitted my curves to perfection—but what was the occasion?  I was more a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal, and this looked as if I was heading out on a date for some fancy dinner.  And last time I checked; the King's Moon pack didn't have any fancy restaurants to speak of.

But it was fun to play dress up occasionally.  Slipping on the shoes, which I have to say my cousin had amazing taste, and they fitted like a glove and my feet sighed in appreciation.

Packing up the last of my belongings, I glanced around the room.  It was rammed packed full of wildflowers.  Sage apologised as she told the pack it was custom to bring flowers when visiting anyone who was recovering.  So every single pack member that visited me here in the infirmary brought a handful.

I wasn't sure there were any left in the wild! And they didn't know what a vase was, so I had to fill buckets and anything that would hold water.

They were beautiful, and it was sweet of them all to visit and each one had kissed my hand and thanked me for saving Cass... their Alpha.

I honestly didn't know what to do with all the attention. It was a little overwhelming if I was honest. I was always thought of as the fuck-up of the family, a waste of good family genetics my grandfather had often said.  Yeah, well, fuck you old man!

"Enjoy your run?"  Sage came into the room. Freezing, her eyes ran wildly over my dress.  "Oui, oui, Its perfect." She clasped her cheeks. "You look beautiful Pearl."

"I did. My wolf needed to stretch her legs and thank you, although I think I might be a little overdressed?"

"Pfft, never." Swishing her hand dramatically.

I would not argue. This was the new me, happy to be alive, and I'd hardly seen her for the past two days.  "What have you been up to, not seen much of you?"