Thirty Four - Cassius / Wolf

We travelled by jeep to the NightsBane Pack, the demon quietened, allowing me a few seconds of reprieve

We travelled by jeep to the NightsBane Pack, the demon quietened, allowing me a few seconds of reprieve. Stretching out, my entire body ached. Tiredness was slowly consuming my muscles, as my wolf grumbled from lack of nourishment. My mind raced, sustaining barely a few minutes of peace since watching my Dark One fire off into the woods.

Although hungry, I ached for my mate more than sustenance, but it was better, safer that she stayed far from me, from this thing inside us.

Every time my eyes shut, Pearl's look of anguish stabbed repeatedly.  No doubt I would forever live with the tortured memory.

I'd hurt her, and it was the final straw.  How wrong I'd been to accept its deal. My wolf growled as my few moments of peace were broken.

'I can taste the female... mine, Alpha,'  it hissed, reading my pain, using it against me.

'Watch your tongue' I spat out, fists clenching. 'Pearl is not yours, nor will she ever be. She is mine, demon. You do well to remember.'  I tired of its near constant chatter. With each passing hour it became bolder in its derisions.

'Hmm, delicious. Soft, warm flesh melting under our tongue. It has been an age, over a century, since I tasted something so sweet, so pure.'

It continued to sneer as I pushed its vile words from my thoughts.

'Perhaps next time you sink your cock deep inside her, I will rip out her throat and watch her bleed. That rich redness smothering her pale skin, drenching those succulent breasts, seeping into her pretty cunt, the one you take much enjoyment.'

My heart thumped as my blood boiled. My wolf fared no better, pacing, aching to separate us from the evil I'd given permission to hitch a ride. "I will give no further warning, demon."

It chuckled.

Not realising I'd spoken out loud,  Seth turned his head away from the road. "Alpha—you said something?"

Gritting my teeth. "Thinking out loud, Seth."

His gaze burned into the side of my head, but finally he returned his attention to the road straight ahead, gripping the wheel tightly as I watched his knuckles whiten.

"Is everything okay, Wolf?" He side glanced, his tone softer, lifting his foot off the accelerator, the vehicle slowed.

The concern in his voice rattled me as the Jinn mocked him.   I was aware of the unease between Seth, Nile, and Noah. My weakening control over my thoughts and inner turmoil was becoming a problem, and I was sure they knew of my anguish of what had taken place with my mate earlier as I'd been unable to filter my dread at what I'd done. Mercifully, they could not hear the Jinn and its constant calls for their deaths.

"What would make you think I'm not okay, Beta?"

"You seem distracted, worried."

'Kills him. I want to taste his blood. Do it Alpha, snap his neck.'