Twenty Four - Willa

Urgh!!

Urgh!!

Seth had tucked me in, insisting that I get some rest after my ordeal before he left. But there was no way on this goddess's green earth I wanted to be stuck here in my room...alone, resting.  I'd done enough lying down to last me a lifetime, thanks to my crazy sister.

I blew out a frustrated breath, staring at the dark beams on the ceiling. I flung back the cover, sitting up and threw my legs over the side of the bed. Lifting my arm, I traced the faint marks on my wrists and the white line from the knife wound she'd inflicted. I shuddered, recalling the helpless terror I'd felt when I thought I was going to drown.

Thankfully, it was quickly replaced by anger. "What are you planning next, Ember?"

'Cassius.' I reached out. He was safe, that much I knew, but now he appeared to be ignoring me, on purpose? I wasn't sure.

Well, if he expected me to remain in my room—he had another thing coming. I was done being cooped up.  A plan formulated in my head.  And first off of the bat.

Find Sylar. I should be with him. He was my mate, for wolfs sake!

His handsome face flooded my mind and my veins heated with the need. Desire tightened across my chest, as a delightful shiver forced a giggle.  I had zero experience with the opposite sex but my mind, my body craved his touch forcing my nipples to pebble as my fingers traced my lips, wondering what it would feel like to have him kiss me... to be kissed for the first time. The heat between my thighs made me wriggle on the bed as an ache of a different kind curled my toes.

I was obviously aroused.  Heavens, what would it be like when we did kiss? I was sat here almost panting just from the idea.

When I'd opened my eyes to find him above me, his beautiful blue ones, so warm and the flush to his cheeks matching my own. I knew he felt the same desire that burned inside me for him.

My soulmate... my mate. Mine.

Or so I hoped. Ember weaved her way into my insecurities, dousing my heat. She had made it clear she thought he was her mate.

And we weren't supposed to have two soulmates... mates.

So, what did it mean when I felt him drawn to Ember? His confliction of wanting to go to her.

A possessive ripple of anger snatched hold of my heart, along with the pain and wrenching sadness I'd felt when he'd taken a step toward her. It hurt. But I wouldn't give him up easily.

So again, what did it mean?

Was she using magic on him? Or did she speak the truth? Was Ember and I somehow fated to share a mate?

Nibbling my lip, I didn't know enough about the Goddess and what Ember had told me about Luna and her twin Selene. But the Elders would, and I was tired of being kept in the dark... protected, as they would say.