52

Sofi's POV

In the morning she tried calling him again but still couldn't reach him, his number was not connecting so she responded to his email (That he sent almost 4 months ago). In her email she asked him to call her or send a number she can reach him on but he didn't respond and she started freaking out by noon because she knows Dare does not play with his emails. That's where he starts his day, and he responds to his emails within seconds.

Maybe he has blocked me. She panicked.

She downloaded a virtual SIM app and got a UK number (lol) then dialed his number again.

He answered.

"Hello" That his smooth deep voice filled her ears and she froze, she was dazed because hearing him now that she knows so much more about him hit different but at the same time, she was also shattered because she just confirmed that he had blocked her...everywhere! A hard block, he has probably blocked her email as well.

"Hello" He said again, this time he sounded a little bit irritated then he hung up immediately.

She didn't try to call him again, as an 'experienced blocker' herself she knew that pestering him, is only piss him off. And her heart won't be able to take it if he hangs up on her or says something mean like; 'Don't call me again'.

'But why did he block me all of a sudden' He was still calling to beg nau.

She thought about that time he told her to block her ex as a way of letting him know that she had moved on.

Did he move on? Did his new girl ask him to block her?

She went online and started reading some garbage articles on the internet about breakups and exes and somehow she landed on a 'how to get your ex back' website lol.

3 weeks Later

Sofi started moving things out of her apartment to the new apartment but she was taking her sweet time because she still has 5 months left on her current lease. Her new place is ready but she has some sentimental attachment to this place, it is her first place and it has been sanctuary for the past 4 years, HER place.

On this particular Sunday, she just packed some books and gadgets in a suitcase and was wheeling it out to her car when she ran into the Landlord downstairs, he was supervising some maintenance work.

"Sofi, how are you? I heard you are moving out?" The elderly Man asked her.

Her Landlord is one of the most unproblematic Landlords in Lagos; he gives single people his apartments without any discriminatory treatment. The only time they see his face is during the holidays like this when he comes to naija, because he is based in the UK.

She smiled nostalgically "Yes Sir. I am-"

"I hope you are moving to your Husband's house Sha?" He cut her off as he scanned her over his glasses.

Ah ahhn nawa o!

"No, I am moving to a bigger apartment, I got a promotion...it comes with free accommodation" She frowned at him.

He scoffed "Ah! you better go for deliverance O, all the Ladies that stayed in this building went from here to their husband's house, you are the only exception" He seemed unhappy that she was about to ruin the selling point his agents probably use on single ladies to justify the crazy rent and service charge.

Sofi's jaw dropped. She was speechless.

"You need special prayers my daughter," He added seriously, lowering his voice this time.