29

04:15Pm

Dare's POV.

Their convoy was already waiting outside the Presidential Palace, she came to say goodbye to Mr. Obaze first because he is leaving for the US tonight. He is going for his daughter's graduation; he actually delayed his US trip for this one plus his work here is done he has seen the sites.

When she finished talking to Mr. Obaze she looked at him and held his gaze for a few seconds before walking off to the second vehicle. He couldn't tell how she was feeling about his display earlier, is she mad at him? Is she glad he stepped in? Is she interested in João? He could not read her emotions she was just being super formal with him.

"Dare what was that?" Mr. Obaze finally said to him when they got into the car it was just the two of them and the Driver.

"Didn't you see the way he was harassing her?" Dare said under his breath.

"He was flirting with her!" Mr. Obaze shrugged "He is single, she is single, and they're both adults"

Dare was both shocked and angry that Mr. Obaze was cool with it. "He is a Dictator!"

"So? Men like him usually make great spouses" Mr. Obaze joked.

Dare was too bewildered to even respond to that he just stared at the old man in shock.

The man laughed and continued "What? Mugabe, IBB, Dos Santos, Al Assad, they all worship their wives, Sofi will make perfect first Lady! and he is not....a dictator that was his Father"

Ok WTF! would he be saying that if it were one of his daughters? Dare thought to himself.

At a point, Dare even started wondering if he was overreacting, if he was just being jealous.

However, he realized that he would have done the same thing even if there was nothing between them. She is his Staff, she is on his team, and he is responsible for everyone on this trip.

That Dog called João was being disrespectful to her, reducing her to her 'beauty' and then hitting on her during a meeting. That was just wrong TBH. If he wants to toast her, he should do that in a casual setting.

This is not just about him being jealous, he admits that he should have been more subtle or polite with the Man since they were here for Business, but fuck it! The guy was irritating him with the way he was looking at her like she was some piece of meat. Just thinking about it now was pissing him off sef.

That night she changed her room because of him, he decided to leave her alone and he stopped trying to get her attention on this trip because she was having none of it; She ignored him completely during the flight, she rode in the second car to avoid him, and she even went as far as changing her room to put more distance between them.

He was stressing her and he did not want that so he decided to back off and focus on the matter at hand instead, which is securing this deal enough for it to be a viable option in case the Nigerian deal goes south because of freaking Alhaji Buba.

But now, with President's João's randy behavior, he has no choice now but to fix the Alhaji Buba problem because, there is no way in hell they're working with that Animal called João!

He is going to ensure nothing brings them.....HER back to this country. He is going to kill this deal, Mr. Bakare should forget about it. Sofi is not part of the package, over his dead body.

However, to 'fulfill all righteousness' though, he will complete the outstanding official duty of the trip by meeting with the Minister tomorrow; in the meantime, he wanted to convince her to leave tonight because he doesn't know how much madness President João inherited from his father.