4

About Three weeks later, she was sitting in her office working when she saw Mr. Richards through her glass partition coming from the corner that leads to the CEO's office again for the third time that morning. She wondered what was going on again this time.

Mr. Richard and his team had re-prepared the financial statements he asked for since last week, hope he is not stressing him again with another unreasonable demand. She wanted to ask him but he looked apprehensive so she just faced her work; she will see him later.

In less than five minutes, again she saw him returning to the CEO's office with one of the ICT guys. 

At this point, she was dying to know what was going on. She is still not used to being in the dark, if it was Chief's era she would have been on top of this issue, whatever it is. 

urgh she misses her 'right hand man' privileges mehhn.

She even sent Ada a chat to inquire but even Ada didn't know anything, she did confirm it was 'something serious' though.

She tried to focus on her work but the ICT guy passed again this time he was jogging slightly. Now she was genuinely worried, the whole thing was distracting to her so she frosted her glass partition to make it opaque, then reminded herself that she does not have to know everything happening in the Company anymore. 

This is not her father's company, whatever happens she will still collect her salary by the end of the month.

30 minutes later, all 9 Heads of Department were invited for a meeting with the CEO.

He was already seated in the meeting room with Mr. Richards as everyone arrived.

After everyone settled down, Mr. Richards stood up and started the meeting. He started with an epistle about how the company was founded by a Hardworking and honest man, and how integrity is one of the core values of the Company and how they have discovered that some people have violated those values.

He projected a document on the screen with hundreds of transactions highlighted in red and kept on going round in circles with more epistles and parables, people in the room were getting anxious and impatient at this point. This Mr. Richards likes wasting time, he should get straight to the point jorr! She thought to herself.

Suddenly the CEO sat up and cut him off rudely; as usual, not surprisingly. Very rude human being.

"Mr. Bode,  Mr. Obi... your job contracts have been terminated with immediate effect, please handover your work and every single company asset in your possession to the Head of HR."

He then instructed the Head of Legal to do the necessary paperwork required for recovering all the hundreds of millions the duo have siphoned in the last 3 years.

His phone started ringing   "Please excuse me I have to take this" he said signaling Mr. Richards to continue the meeting as he stepped out of the meeting room coolly like he didn't just fire their Head of Accounting and Head of Procurement.

The silence in the room was deafening after he left, everyone's eyeballs had tripled in size, jaws were still the floor, confusion everywhere. E shock dem!

Mr. Bode? No, there has to be a mistake! The guy is a deeper life church member! She looked to Mr. Richards for answers but he just sighed helplessly. Confirming what they just heard.

**** The next day

"But, I don't think it is appropriate for him to fire them..... Just like that? They've been working here for over 10 years," Sofi said to Ada as she twirled her Singapore noodles at the office cafeteria during lunch.