17

3 weeks later.

Saturday 1:30pm

Sofi's POV

"Hello Sofi, are you at the wedding already?"

Sofi was picking out jewelry to match her asoebi when he called her. They've not really talked since that Abuja trip, he is the one that has been super busy this time around. He has been doing some heavy financial restructuring, and doing some top management level stuff with the Board.

She was supposed to go for the wedding with Toyin but turns out Toyin's parents know the bride's father and they've dragged her to the Church wedding with them. Lol. She'll go say hi to them at the reception.

Toyin was supposed to drive them there, she didn't really feel like driving herself  because her dress was tight and she has to go get her makeup and gele done first. so she was planning to call an uber sef.

"I'm just about leave my house"

"Mr. Bakare just called me, I forgot it was today.  I can't find the Invitation Card, where is the venue again and what time is it?" He said.

Ah, was he planning to not attend? He wants to start a war between Chief and Mrs. Alabi. Mrs Alabi is the owner of the second biggest indigenous oil Company and Hydra is the 3rd. The CEO or Chairman of the big 5 are expected to be there otherwise Mrs Alabi would take it personal lol.

And then Chief and Mrs. Alabi are close because they are both Yoruba, theyre the only yorubas among the big 5,  he has to show support for his 'sister'. 

They know he is sick but his CEO must show face at least because Chief is supposed to be one of the 'Fathers of the Day' How could he even forget this one! Does he know that he is the one presenting this gift she just picked up from Amanda's PA.

She is supposed to give him the package at the reception. Usually with Chief she would pick it up from the gift wrappers and deliver it to them on the high table when they start presenting gifts. So she just assumed it was going to be the same with him. But why is she even surprised when she knows everything with Mr. Madaki is different.

"It's at the Monarch event center, its starting by 2pm, but they always do African time so you don't have to be there by 2pm maybe 3 to....."

"You know what, can I pick you up?" He cut her off.

She froze. Nooooooo. She is still going to do makeup and tie gele first, she'd rather meet him there, when she's done and peng.

"Or do you have a plus one already?" He asked.

Then it dawned on her that he was asking to be her date not just go with her. Hian!

"urrrm...." She wanted to lie and say she was going with her friend because he took her by surprise and he is going to see all her behind the scene struggle, but godamnit! She actually needs someone to drive her there.

"Never mind, it's okay.., I'll just meet you there" He said.

She could hear the smile in his voice, he sounded disappointed and a little bit embarrassed.

"No, I am going alone, it's just that I......i have to stop by the salon to tie my gele and.....do my makeup first" She felt like dying inside. He is going to think she is one vain slay queen now.

"That's fine I'll take you there, should be at your place in 15 Minutes"

She panicked again when she realized he was really serious but it was too late, he hung up right after he said that. shit.