23

WARNING:  NSFW, MATURE Content ahead, lmao i'll soon start dropping warning on every chapter. Just kidding! next chapter is clean. 

Get your holy water guys!

******

She got to his place by 1:30pm and he still wasn't back. She would have just left this matter o, but people are waiting for these payments, the contractors need to pay their workers salary, it won't be nice if the payment gets delayed. She had already messed up by not giving him the cheques on Monday.

She called him and he said there was some delay at the CDS so he couldn't leave early. He apologized, said she was right about the traffic, begged her to wait. She decided to wait outside in her car. She's not going to set herself up again by entering his den. Lol.

By 2:15pm she got tired of waiting in the car and she was thirsty so she decided to enter the house. She entered through the ground floor, she looked around the living room a little, his house is very modern but warm at the same time she liked the décor. There was an almost empty glass of whiskey and an empty mug of coffee on the side table beside some business newspapers. She checked and saw that they were today's paper.

Did he mix whiskey and coffee? Is that even healthy? She wondered to herself.

She wanted to get something to drink from the kitchen so she carried the glass and mug up to the kitchen with her, placed them in the sink first then opened his fridge.

She noticed that most of the drinks in his fridge were all those freshly squeezed green drinks.

She chuckled Looks like someone is a heavy drinker she thought to herself.

She knows he is not a fit-fam member, he has never said anything about dieting or working out. So definitely a heavy drinker, she knows this because those are her Saturday morning hangover cure too lol.

She was able to find a bottle of orange juice behind all the hangover remedy so she grabbed it and poured herself a glass. When she finished she washed all the glasses in the sink and went back to living room downstairs. He called immediately to inform her he was about 15minutes away so she started organizing the cheques.

No time to waste once he gets here he will sign and she'll be on her way to the Bank.

****

"I am so sorry'' he said as he walked in. It was already 15minutes to 3pm. He was wearing his NYSC shirt and khaki pants he had taken off the boots by the door and was wearing only the socks....she was getting distracted.

Why the fuck does he look hot in NYSC uniform?

Sofi focus......contractors.....payments...Friday.....people's salary

''You were right, the traffic is crazy'' he said in frustration. She just looked at him without saying anything shey he has coconut head.

''Let me have the cheques'' He said and she handed them to him there were six of them.

He signed the first two then paused.

''This is totally unnecessary, why can't we do this online?" He asked.

Chief hates internet banking stuff every other payment that Mr. Richard authorizes is done online but, she didn't tell him that.

''Transaction limit issues... I guess'' She shrugged.

''Is that what the bank said?'' He continued signing ''or that is just a restriction self-imposed by Mr. Bakare?'' He looked up at her.

She kept quiet. The old man is not comfortable with internet banking, and to be honest she understands why he prefers cheques. Before he will go and forget password or give it to scammers. This is what works for Chief he should not drag their Chief  abeg.