28

Long Chapter warning! I merged two chapters ( i'm giving you people bonus for dropping this late)

She slept deeply for about 1hr 45minues, that adjustment he did to the Chair made it much comfortable for sleep. Even the blinds that he shut made the whole section cozy and she was grateful for the blanket.

Why does he have to be so sweet? He is making it hard for her to stop liking him completely Abi. No wonder all the girls flock to him, but she won't be part of that camp anymore abeg. He is everywoman's dream but the man in her own dream is only for her. She won't...cannot share her man or be a side chick. No matter how great he is......or how amazing his D is. She is a very possessive person.

She stretched then turned back and saw him in the living area section with Mr. Obaze. They were discussing, Mr. Obaze was eating something that looked like swallow she couldn't see well because she was still groggy. She wouldn't be surprised if it is actually swallow. The man is a typical Naija Dad he likes native dishes. Eya that poor attendant must have prepared swallow specially for him. Lol.

Dare's back was facing her so he could not see that she was up. He looked good even from the back sef, like.. just by seeing that broad shoulder and head you can tell it belongs to a fine person. They were talking about something serious. It must be that thing, that has been on his mind, the reason Chief came in the other day.

They landed in Ankete by 3pm. The time zone is 2 hours behind Nigeria. When they alighted the flight there were four cars waiting for them on the tarmac two of them were escort SUV with armed military men or police officers. Africans and ceremony!

Their travel agent specifically informed the President's Protocol Officer that they are just 3 in Number. A car or two would have sufficed.

An armed soldier opened the door to the first car and the Protocol officer stepped out to greet them.

He went to Mr. Obaze first because he is elderly so he must have assumed he is the CEO. However, after the handshake, he kind of figured Dare is the Head because he quickly switched his attention to him.

She saw the way Dare shook the man's hand firmly his dominance and body language must have conveyed that he is the leader of the team to the Protocol officer.

Is that what he is planning to do to her, coerce her into becoming his booty call by dominating her mind? She did not ask him to adjust her chair or shut the blinds or cover her freezing legs but he did it anyway without asking her. Maybe he is a control freak sef. She told herself to stop interpreting his kindness as sweetness; it will help her move on.

She decided to enter the second car on her own instead of just following him and Mr. Obaze and he turned around looking very worried when she said she would be in the second car. He wanted to say something to her but she moved quickly without looking at him again.

Her own car had one military guard in the front seat and a Lady at the back. She was  from the Natural Resources Ministry.

Her English was very fluent unlike the protocol officer; the country's official language is Portuguese so English is a 3rd or even 4th language for most of them. The Lady, Cristiana told her more about the country, their tourist attractions, where to shop, nightlife etc.

They drove for about 15 minutes to a helipad first and flew to the first rig. She caught him staring at her the whole time as she gisted with her new friend, Cristiana on the helicopter flight.

From the first rig, they took a very nice boat ride to another floating production rig. As they got off the boat, she saw him waiting on the pier to help her out instead of proceeding with the others because it was a little bit high and she was wearing 3-inch block heels.