24

She heard him say goodbye to the Lady then he came back and started picking up her scattered beads on the wooden floor. ''Noooooo, our jigida" He fake cried "what is it called in Yoruba?"

"Ileke-idi" She chuckled.

"Noooo our ileke-idi" He repeated murdering the Yoruba version as he looked around for something to put the ones he had collected in one hand.

"Aren't you afraid of it?" She sat up, struggling to fix her bra.

"Why would I be afraid of jewelry?"

"A lot of men are afraid of it"

"Why?"

"They believe it is fetish; 'destiny stealing', 'love charm', don't you watch Nigerian movies" She laughed.

He finally found a tiny decorative glass vase, emptied some into it then dropped on the coffee table. "I'll find the rest later," he said as he joined her back on the Sofa.

"Please jazz me" He smiled like one mumu then kissed her, "Steal my destiny, I'll give you willingly, as long as you stay with me" He smiled.

She looked at him weirdly. It's like these N500 beads she got from the market has 'something' inside. She thought to herself then laughed.

But he got serious and said "I have a thing for them, they're sexy, don't ever stop wearing them," He said between kisses then he unclipped her bra again and she moved away from him.

"Hey!" She glared at him.

"What? You're not going anywhere now, why are you dressing up, I want you naked," He said mischievously but with a straight face and she shook her head in disbelief.

It's funny how she used to think he was one super serious, stuck-up, 'innocent' Hausa guy. Lol.

They gisted a little bit more; they talked about movies, music, books. He is an avid reader, he said his father used to pay him to read nonfiction when he was young and it became a habit. He said he is trying to do the same with his sister but she is not cooperating.

"She prefers fan-fiction," He said in frustration and she laughed.

"There's nothing wrong with fan-fiction now, some of them are good"

"Please don't tell me you read them too" He looked scared.

He dragged her and his sister for their poor literary taste.

She mentioned the few non-fiction she has read and he has read like 3 out of the 5 she mentioned. He recommended one historical and one philosophy book to her, he even ordered for hardcovers from Amazon to encourage her to read them. 

He wanted them to watch something on Netflix but Mr. Richard called her around 4:30pm, something came up. He looked so sad when she insisted she had to go.

She promised to come hang with him on Saturday. They agreed to keep this a secret for now and he promised to stop flirting with her or 'distracting' her at work. He apologized for the tactics he deployed in trapping her today. He said he was desperate but he apologized still, admitted it was abuse of power.

He walked her to his car, informed her the restaurant will deliver her dinner to her apartment since he had already placed the order.

"You're becoming a habit" He opened the door wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her briefly on the lips. "A habit I want to keep...nurture" He smiled.

His eyes were tired and she remembered that he had not actually rested since he came back from the CDS.

"I'm actually worried right now because I have feeling you'll start turning me down again, once you leave" He laughed.