19

Sofi's POV:

10:15am, Wednesday Morning the Company fleet manager came to her office; he brought a vehicle release paper for her to sign off her official car over to him.

"Why are you taking my car away?" she frowned.

"Last week Mr. Madaki instructed me to upgrade your car to the current year model, they're delivering it this afternoon so I need to prepare this one for disposal, congrats!" The man grinned "Please sign here"

Her jaw dropped. "Why? Why would he do that?"

"ahn ahn, are you allergic to progress?" He said to her in Yoruba, looking at her as if she was not okay.

"I'm not signing please, I'm keeping my car" She protested.

The Fleet manager was dumbfounded, he didn't even have the energy to argue with her.

"Oya go and tell him that one yourself, when you finish all this shakara please sign my release form and send them to my office" He paused "Don't forget to clear out your things from the car, we've sold it already o, don't stress me" He left the papers on her desk, shaking his head in disbelief as he waltzed out of her office.

What is he doing? She is still a junior manager, she is not supposed to be using a 2021 SUV like Mr. Richards and the other Top level Managers, maybe he doesnt know this.

Also, the new Lexus 570 car is intimidating, it is too flashy, it is literally too big! They'll kidnap her if she takes that one to the mainland. Lol.

She grabbed the papers and marched to his office, she has to explain the process to him. Junior managers don't even use SUVs, they use Camry and Corollas she is only using that old Lexus because it used to be a pool car for Mr. Obaze's group in Lagos and when all the engineers were relocating to PH they didn't go with the car because the expatriate that was using it had an accident with it so it was grounded at the time. When she was promoted to a manager the company had small liquidity issues at the time so the car was refurbished and assigned to her and she didn't mind that it was used she liked the grey colour.

Why is he buying a new car when the Company has been cutting down on spending lately?

He was standing in front of the TV in his office, watching news, he looked pissed, probably because crude oil prices have been falling since Monday this week. This is the first time she is talking to him one on one since the Wedding. She saw him on Monday briefly during a short meeting they had but they didn't talk to each other directly.

"Good Morning....." She said. She didn't know whether to address him as Mr. Madaki or Dare so she just paused there.

He looked towards her direction and he almost smiled, but he didn't "How are you" He said his attention still on the TV.

She wanted to excuse herself, give him some space since it looked like he was very busy with the news but then he picked up the remote and muted the TV then turned completely to face her, he raised his brows inquisitively and her heart started racing, he gets finer every day! jheeez!

She was struggling to remember why she even came to his office..... yeah the car.

"errrm about the car, I don't want a new car" She said.

"Well the old one was guzzling our money in maintenance costs the earlier it is disposed of the better for us" He said it like it was that simple. Yes he is right.... theoretically but there are other options they could have explored, like finding a cheaper auto maintenance contractor, most of these automobile companies inflate the maintenance costs, if she starts taking that car to her Aunt's mechanic in Ladipo market she won't even spend up to 10k per month. Replacing it with a new one is......just too extreme nah.