27

Friday 3PM

Dare was upset when he got back to the office on friday afternoon. He had just confirmed that the real owner of the Company (StarLight Hydrocarbon) they were about to be paired with for the gas project is a former politician; Alhaji Buba.

Alhaji Buba is a former Minister of Defence, he was fired abruptly by the former president and he has an ongoing EFCC case. He was accused of diverting funds that were meant for training Policemen, Army and for upgrading their equpment and tech. The Courts ruled in his favour two years back because the EFCC did not have substantive evidence against him but the case has not been closed by the EFCC because they've appealed to the supreme court to allow them reopen the investigations.

After Chief told him the name of the Company on Monday, first thing he did was track the Company's investors in London. Since they were based in London he got a former coworker to do some background inquiry on the 'investors'. Last last sha they found out that the money the Investors transferred to StarLight Hydrocarbon in Nigeria was actually from another bizzare Swiss 'Investment Company' that was registered just one year ago. At that point he just knew they had a huge problem on their hand.

So he called Gowon to help out with the remaining investigations in Nigeria and he just met with Gowon today and all the information he found tied the Company to Alhaji Buba.

There is no way they are collaborating with that Company. When the EFCC eventually finds the money he looted and start to prosecute they will come after all his assets, properties and Investment and this will drag them into the scandal too because of the partnership they have to form with the Company for the gas project.

You see, Chief and the other 'big 5 indigenous' oil companies have never participated directly in politics and they don't get involved with politicians because politicians and regimes come and go but Corporations stay.

They all earned their first Major oil blocks on merit in the 80s and they've struggled to defend their legal title and ownership over the years through different regimes legitimately. And they all maintain a clean reputation. Most of the indigenous oil companies that emerged after the big five were all politician companies in reality created with stolen funds.

They have to find a way to elbow this Alhaji Buba and his fake Company out of the arrangement, if they can't do that then they are going to forfeit the award or sell their right to another Company. They will never partner with a politician!

He was so mad about it because this will undermine all of the gas team's hard work.... Sofi's hard work, she is going to be disappointed if they loose this gig because of one stupid politician.

He knew Chief was around because he saw many cars outside the building and a lot people waiting at the reception. They do not talk about stuff like this on the phone, which is why Chief came in today.

Whenever Chief is around, a lot of people come to 'see him' for assistance or contracts. He saw about 3 celebrities too waiting at the reception. lol did they come to report him? They better go and act more movies or release more hits o, he is not giving anyone endorsement deal again.

He was sha already cranky when he got off the elevator and ran into Sofi and that her ex. They were chatting and laughing away like close friends.

"Good afternoon Sir" The junior staff that were loitering around greeted him and scurried off.

She looked guilty when she saw him. He knows the guy's face, he has their pre-wedding pictures in that folder Gowon gave him and he knows he is one of their geophysical contractors.

He couldn't even hide his displeasure when he saw them. She wanted to greet him but he looked away and walked off, avoiding her.

What is she doing with him? Also isn't he is married?