Mini Stories #1

Hi! Okay so mini stories are basically stories that are too small for oneshots but also are for ideas and just... cuteness. Ofc most *cough* all *cough*of these are based on Hiccstrid and there will usually be a fan art or meme or something to go with it. Usually. Probably. Maybe. Possibly? Yeah just wait and see I guess.

No hate ✌️

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

THEME: "Late nights"

-rtte late season 4-

No doubt Hiccup and Astrid loved each other. They had started sleeping together(as in, the same bed/hut, NOT, and I mean NOT the sort of *eherm* sleeping together) as soon as they had built up the confidence to. Here's how it started:

Storms. They had been lashing the edge for a couple days now and up to this point they had never really been large or troublesome. Just small showers of rain and the occasional thunder. Tonight, however, there was a catch. Astrid sat up in her bed, eyes wide open and in a cold sweat as another loud clap of thunder streaked the sky. She sat up and hugged her knees. Why did it have to be at night? She asked herself.

Stormfly could sense something was wrong with her rider. She stood up and squawked as she gently nuzzled the young blonde in an effort to comfort her. When she saw no effect was taking place, the loyal dragon decided enough was enough. She pushed Astrid so that she stood up and Stormfly then began pushing her towards the door to her hut with her wing shielding her rider from the rain.

"Alright, I get the idea" the young blonde added before her and her dragon quickly made their way over to Hiccups hut. Upon arriving, Astrid was already soaked despite Stormflys cover, but she didn't notice yet as she opened the door to Hiccups hut, awaking him instantly.

"Huh? Wha-" he mumbled as he sat bolt upright and charged down the stairs, probably thinking the edge was being attacked. As he reached the bottom of the stairs and saw Astrid standing in the doorway, his face instantly relaxed before resuming his worried gaze.

"Astrid? Are you okay?" He asked quickly, worried, as he began walking over to her.

"Um... yeah I'm fine... it's just- the storm. That's all. No big deal. I Uh- I shouldn't have woken you up I'll just go back to my hut now..." she stammered, blushing slightly as she turned to leave, however as she turned away, Hiccup grabbed her arm and turned her to look at him.

"What's actually wrong? You can tell me anything, you know" he said with a dorky but gentle smile.

She sighed before answering. "Umm... is it- is it okay if I stay here the night? I'm- im scared... of the storm..." she said quietly, a light blush creeping across her cheeks.

His gaze softened and he smiled at what I had admitted. "Of course, Astrid. And... it's okay. I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night, especially if it's for you. I can't even begin to imagine how that storm affected your life" he said, making them both blush a little.

"Thanks, Hiccup" she replied with a relieved smile. As the two teens walked back inside out of the rain and wind, Stormfly quickly shook off outside before excitedly heading up to see Toothless, who by now had woken up and come downstairs to see what all the fuss was about.

They both laid down on the bed whilst their dragons quietly played with each other downstairs. Astrid laid her head and hand on Hiccups chest, who wrapped his arms around her protectively, both of them safe in each other's arms. And that's how it stayed the rest of the night.

§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§

-during the 10 years, just after H&A got married(like a week)-

H: Astriiiiiid...

A: *tired* What?

H: You stole the blanket agaiiiiin...

A: You stole my pudding

H: That was Payback for stealing my tunic

A: But you stole my side of the bed!

H: Well you stole my heart

A: *blushes* you dork...

§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§-§

(Doesn't match theme but I NEED to write this down)
-Just before httyd 2-

It was a lovely day on the isle of Berk. Terrible terrors were singing, the stadiums were crowded and-

"FIVE THOUSAND FLAMING POUNDS OF MUSCLE COMING THROUGH!"

*waves fist at him* HEY! WATCH IT! *eherm* anyways, the dragon races were taking place and the participants were nearing the last lap. Snotlout had just grabbed the sheep that was in the field across form THE NARRATOR, nearly knocking someone over in the process... *eyeing him* and dumped it into his basket, leaving Astrid with- alright I just and a case of double Asia fondue- 5, Snotlout with 4, Hiccup with 6, Fishlegs with 0 and the twins with 2.

The contestants rounded the finish line when the all too familiar sound of the horn signalling the black sheep sounded. Fishlegs and Snotlout were falling behind, trying to capture Ruffnut attention, to which her brother was disgusted, leaving only Hiccup and Astrid competing against each other for the 10 points. The sheep was launched and just as Stormfly was about to catch it in her talons, a night fury swiftly glided in front of her and took the black furball just in time.

Right. Astrid thought to herself. If he wants it that way, it'll be that way. Silently, she and Stormfly snuck up on the duo and began flying upside down just above them. Hiccup looked up at her with a confused face before she quickly pulled him in an kissed him on the lips, half paralysing him, making the crowd erupt with "oo's" and teasing whistles. Then, as fast as lightning, she grabbed the sheep from his arms and flipped right side up again, sending the rest of the crowd into ultimate celebration.

"Thanks for the sheep! Haha!" She yelled back victoriously, before dumping the sheep into her basket, thus winning the race. Hiccup just looked on and smiled. Gets me every time, he thought to himself, and she knows it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAH *screams in frustration* I HAD A RLLY GOOD FANART FOR THIS BUT I CANT FIND IIIIIIIIIIT!!! 😫😫😫😫😫😭😭😭😭😭😡😡😡😡😡

So this isn't it but I figured it's close enough 😒😂

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Okay I kinda like how this turned out!! Maybe I will do more. No, wait, I will totally do more!! And ofc if anyone has any ideas for these little stories or ideas for themes, COMMENT! I need inspiration! And can u believe I wrote this with writers block!? Alright my brain is on fire right abt now. Better go cool it off 🧠🔥

No hate ✌️
7/12/2021