"I don't know. One minute he's happy and then when he hangs out with you his whole mode changes." She says.

"So I'm the problem?" I question. "I'm the drama?"

Avery realizes what she says and back tracks. "No. Not what I meant." She says. "I'm way too tired for this conversation. I'm going to bed and you should to." She says and I nod.

"After I eat some ice cream." I tell her and she heads out. I serve myself a bowl and slowly head upstairs. It's freezing and I'm pretty sure it might snow.

I see Sawyers office light on and I debate bothering him but this time our fight seems different and I don't bother. When I pass by his office I see him on his computer, his hair is a curly mess and he's wearing glasses. The whole stressed out look is making him look handsome. I catch myself staring for a bit too long. He clears his throat as he watches me eat my bowl of ice cream. I sheepishly smile as he stares me down and I continue walking out of sight.

I hear Sawyers phone ring and he answers. I hide around the corner in the darkness. I'm able to hear him talking.

"What do you mean? Calm down. Who is this?" He calmly questions. "Petra?" He says her name and my stomach sinks. "What? Say it again slowly? What happened?" He's quiet for a while. I can hear someone mumbling and screaming through the other line. "Just tell me where she is." Sawyer says and I hear him grab his keys and he quickly heads out the front door.

Im pretty sure Petra is out drinking with her old friends she hasn't seen in a while.

I finally make it to bed exhaustion finally catching up to me. I'm not sure if time hopping drains my energy but I'm pretty sure it does.

I close my eyes for what feels like three seconds when I hear loud commotions coming from downstairs.

It's almost three in the morning.

I slowly head downstairs. I see Evan and Avery sitting on the couch, worry etched on their faces.

"What's happening?" I sit next to Avery who is biting her nails.

"Something bad happened. Petra, she's hurt bad." Avery says.

"What? How?" I question.

"I don't know, Sawyer is downstairs trying to save her. The ambulance people just left." She says.

That explains the flashing lights.

I head downstairs but Evan stops me.

"He doesn't want anyone down there." He says and I pull away.

"I need to see if he's okay." I realize what I say, "if they're okay." I head down there before Evan can stop me again.

"Opal!" Evan calls out but I ignore it. I rush down stairs and see Sawyer holding Petras hand as she lies in a hospital looking bed. She's hooked up to machines and it gives me flashbacks to when Sawyer hooked me onto machines.

I shake my head trying to get rid the memories. They both turn to me as they're in mid laugh and stop when they see me.

They don't say anything and wait for me to speak.

"Are you okay?" I ask to no one in particular.

"We're fine." Sawyer harshly answers and turns back to Petra. I take another step down the stairs.

"What happened?" I ask and I watch as Petra looks at Sawyer.

"Well, I'm not really sure." She says and looks to Sawyer for help.

"Opal, go back to bed it's none of your concern." He says and I take another step closer.

"Who did this to you?" I see a bandaged wound on her shoulder. She looks at Sawyer again, he nods encouraging her to continue.

ELUSIVE (Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें