Chapter 120: Lesson on Memories

Start from the beginning

And that was true. Anytime any of them were in a bind, Tsubasa was always who they went to. Tsubasa was always there to be their support, even when they didn't ask for it, he was just there.

"If you don't know how much strength you gave them, just look at their smiling faces right now. That is all you need for your answer."

A big part of Tsubasa felt some comfort in his words but... a part of him didn't. Because there was a face that was missing, one that he loved very dearly. Although today was about everyone reminiscing on their memories with Mikan, it was hard for Tsubasa. He had known Akako since the year she got to the academy,
she was his little sister that grew up always sticking to his side. He watched her grow so it was hard for him to completely erase the girl from his thoughts.

But the lesson went on. Everyone started talking about all of their memories with Mikan. Nonoko recalled the time when Mikan encouraged everyone to play dodgeball, even getting Natsume involved and uniting the class. As everyone recalls the memory, a grand grin spreads across Mikan's face as she remembers how she did that.

"Actually, it was Tsubasa-Senpai's idea! I was so strained by the tense atmosphere in the class. He said if I wanted you to look my way, I could do something about it! Hotaru, Senpai, and everyone would all support me and help me out, so I always had the strength to keep smiling!" Tsubasa wanted to tear up at the words Mikan spoke. He had truly been a help when he didn't really realize it. "My energy is the fortune I received from everyone! I want to thank everyone too!"

Narumi brings up the mention of the Alice festival, causing all of the S.A. Students that were present to perk up as they recall how Mikan was the one to suggest the RPG, everyone remembers all of the smiles and laughs they had that day, realizing how much they missed out on by not participating before.

Memories flash through Mikan's mind of Tsubasa and Misaki smiling at her in their genie costumes while Akako hugs her arm. The memory caused a sort of sad joy to fill Mikan's heart for a moment.

Nevertheless, she smiles along with her senpais as the remember the day as well, "It was a really unforgettable day! It was so much fun!" Their pure smiles tug at Narumi's being.

"It looks like a lot of students unforgettable memories with Mikan are from the Culture Festival!" He smiles but his whole body turns white when Koko and Kitsuneme raise their hands and shout.

"Yes~! I can't forget Mikan's belly-button-exposed costume!" Koko raises his hand as Kitsuneme floats up behind his best friend, "I can't forget Mikan dressing up as a boy while Ruka-Pyon dressed as a pretty girl!"

Kitsuneme then holds up a photo that Hotaru had taken of Ruka while he was dressed in his Snow White outfit. The photo is instantly burned to ashes, Natsume frowning and glaring at them as Ruka sulks in the background from pure embarrassment.

More and more memories are shared as everyone recalls their time with Mikan, everyone eventually landing on the concept of Mikan's awful, sickeningly nasty chocolates that Natsume tried after deciding to since he considered Mikan a friend. To him, Akako's were fine while he got a stomach ache from the brunettes so he had stolen Ruka's and thrown them into a fire to save his best friend from dying.

This information was shared by Koko since he read Natsume's mind and knew everything. Mikan cries and hangs on Natsume's sleeve, "Natsume, how could you throw them?! Akako loved them and said they were good!" She exclaims in her defense while Natsume shakes her off.

"Actually," the mind reading antenna puts in his two sense once again, "Akako became sick from the chocolate also."

Mikan's body fades away into dust while Iinchō rushes to the girls side, "Mikan-Chan! Don't erode away!" His hands wave around as he nervously sweats.

"Akako-Chan is too sweet!" Anna chuckles before quickly covering her mouth.

Everyone had eventually brought the blonde into the conversation and didn't know how to react. Mikan, who was the one to do so, takes notice of everyone's sudden tenseness and smiles at them, "She really is, huh?! Akako-Chan has a lot of good memories with everyone too! We shouldn't exclude her just because she isn't with us right now, don't forget about your times with her either!"

Natsume lowers his head along with Ruka when Mikan says that. After all, she was their best friend and they had years of memories with the girl. It would indeed be hard to forget about those memories when she was so engraved into each one.

"I think Mikan's cooking is definitely genetic."

Mikan turns around and is surprised to see Shiki along with her uncle who have entered the classroom. Shiki then proceeds to tell everyone how Yuka couldn't cook to save her life and the food always had such a horrid taste.

"If Yukihira-Sensei we're alive, he would be living in hell if he was surrounded by Mikan and Yuka's cooking." Shiki empathizes with the man. The high school principal nods in agreement, "Him and Akako would probably need to sneak off to make some food for themselves."

Tears fill Mikan's eyes as she shouts at the middle school principal, "I want nice memories! Don't speak so frankly!" She scolds them.

"Speaking of valentine memories," tears fill Tsubasa's eyes as his stomach aches from laughing too hard, "Who can forget Tono's pig nose?!" He cackles, raising up a newspaper article with the photos from Valentine's Day.

"You bastard! Burn that thing and throw it away!" Tono lunges Tsubasa. Koko steals the newspaper and smiles down at it, "It had everything from that day!" Koko exclaims, holding it up for others to see, "Even Natsume clinging to-!"

The paper burns in his hand and Natsume is quick to look over Koko and Kitsuneme who was at his side. He glares down at them with a giant red mallet in his hand before swiftly taking off after the boys.

All kinds of laughter and shouting fill the room. This won't end when Mikan leaves, everyone will still be crazy but it will never be the same like this again. So everyone relished in this last lesson with their beloved friend.