Chapter 120: Lesson on Memories

Start from the beginning

Now, Misaki-Sensei can confidently say that it was the right decision. Narumi bringing Mikan to Gakuen Alice was the small seed that needed to be planted in order for everything to unfold as it has. Now, the academy was rid of the dark grip that the Elementary Principal held on it- all because Narumi was selfish.

Mikan brought a light into the academy that started the snowball rolling towards the revolution that everyone sought for.

"Why don't we start with Iinchō!" Narumi suddenly suggests, startling the young boy. He was rather surprised to be out on the spot like that but racks his brain, nonetheless, for a specific memory with Mikan.

"I.. was really happy that Mikan-Chan came to this academy..." Yuu smiles down to the ground, "all of my memories with Mikan-Chan are memorable, so it's difficult to chose just one... Mikan-Chan always wants to give me strength even just by being there. In difficult times, in sad times, Mikan-Chan's feelings reach us so those times ended up being 'happy' times."

Mikan can only stare at her friend as his words bring forth an ache in her chest.

"If I had to chose just one memory from my memories with her, that would be when I lost my Alice. What Mikan-Chan and everyone did for me..." Yuu raises a hand to his chest as he recalls when Yuka stood his Alice. Mikan and the others all left the school to retrieve it just for him. "Because of that time that I lost my Alice, I understand very well how Mikan-Chan must be feeling right now. That's why I want to be her strength right now. I will never forget that memory. It's because if Mikan-Chan that I am who I am today!" Yuu finally looks up, locking eyes with a now teary-eyed Mikan.

His words warmed Mikan's heart. Now that Yuu mentioned it, Mikan only ever fought for everyone else. That's why all of them worked so hard for her in turn, because she had only ever done the same since arriving at the academy.

"Ah yeah... at that time, us teachers were very angry with those that went to such dangerous lengths and the others who instigated it."

Arrows fly towards a group if certain people when they hear those words. The arrows poke Tono in the shoulder and Tsubasa in the heart, while Natsume, Ruka, and Mikan are also attacked by their own arrows.

Although, as the time is brought up, a small frown rush at Tsubasa's lips as he stares into space. "It was at that time, that's right..." he catches the attention of Misaki and Tono, who both turn towards their friend. "We all snuck out of the academy to pursue Z. When we camped in the forest... that's when I learned just how bad Natsume's and Akako's conditions were." Tsubasa mumbles.

He can easily recall when he found Akako by the lake that night, blood being coughed up by the young girl. Despite her condition, Akako had hurriedly encouraged that the both of them return to the camp to protect the others and watch over them- completely dismissing her well-being. She had fallen asleep pleading her Senpai not to worry about her. Later that night, he witnessed a cannily similar scene with Natsume and the boy also told Tsubasa not to tell anyone.

For as long as Tsubasa could remember, those two pushed their own good aside for the sake of others.

"After that, Natsume, Mikan.. and Ruka-pyon, I started to see them as my little siblings too." Tsubasa says, bringing a frown to Misaki's face. "I have known Akako for years.... So why didn't I see any of that before then? Why couldn't I save her?" His chest starts twisting as he blinks away the burning in his eyes. "I... I was never able to protect them." Tsubasa drops his face to the ground, those around him staying quiet as they try to decide on the best course of action to comfort the boy.

A hand lands on Tsubasa's head. He doesn't raise his face but knows exactly who is by his side.

"Didn't you?" Tono questions, "You're just a middle school kid. You're not almighty like God or anything but you... did your best. You were always their number one ally, no questions asked."