"Be here on sharp six-thirty if you don't want to lose this job" those words range in my ears louder than my alarm, making my eyes shoot open and sit up. I have work today. 

How did I forget? 

I thought while massaging my little throbbing forehead. Still doing it I stood up but I sat back immediately as I felt a sudden rush in my head. I sat like that for five minutes as my world was revolving around me. Alcohol and lack of sleep were doing it to me. Wait a minute I don't remember how I ended up in bed. I tried to think about it and my head started throbbing more. I must have walked on my own here. Getting up from the bed I ran to the bathroom and took a quick hot shower. So I don't run out of time. I need to be at work before a six-thirty or else grey eye monster will drink my blood instead of coffee. 

I dressed haphazardly and made some lite breakfast for me and Erick. I left the house not before giving Mint his food. When I left he was looking at me with his puppy eyes because today I was supposed to take him for a walk with me. I felt bad for him so I left a message for Erick asking him to take Mint for a walk. Luckily I reached the restaurant on time. I made him his coffee and took it to his office. He was already in his office wearing his crisp suit while talking on his cell phone. As I entered his office his eyes followed me like a Hawk. Who calls anyone so early in the morning? Probably psychos like him. I thought in disbelief while masking my smile as his eyes narrowed at me. 

"Don't worry Mr. Ho, we will take care of your client. In return I'm just asking you to keep trusting us with your guest" he said in his business tone, making me look at him in astonishment. He can be nice if he wants to. I was about to leave when he gestured to me to take a seat. I did as he said. After a good five minutes of exchanging pleasantries, he took his seat on another side of the desk. He took something out of the desk drawer. 

"Call this number tomorrow and order these fish, we need them for tomorrow. And tell them to deliver only fresh fish. Do it first thing in the morning" he said while putting a business card and list of fishes in front of me. Taking them I nodded while looking at them. I stood up and was about to leave when his commanding voice stopped me. 

"I'm still not done talking," he said, making me look up from the list. 

"Get my car ready, we are leaving in ten minutes," he said and I again nodded without uttering a word. This time I waited for him to say more but he just took his coffee mug and started sipping from it while still looking at me. It has hardly been fifteen minutes in his presence and he has already started to get on my nerves. With the business card and list, I left his office. I told his driver to prepare his car. As he asked me, I accompanied him to all his restaurants to get monthly reports. It was so exhausting as he made me run everywhere. When I reached home I slept like a dead woman. The next day arrived so soon. A week without a holiday is more tiring than anything. I dragged myself to work. I was yawning so big all the time because of a lack of sleep. Today I have to call the fish market for the fish I remembered suddenly. Thank God I remembered it or else today I would have been served in place of fish. I was searching for the business card which I kept in my bag yesterday. 

"Ah I found it," I said in my relieved voice as I found it after searching for a bite. I found it in the side pocket of the bag. 

"Sage" I heard someone calling my name making me stop dialing the number and look at the person. Logan was standing a little away from me with a still grim look on his face. 

"Yes," I said while looking at him. 

"Chef Oliver has asked you to grab this herb from the Asian market and some other stuff too," he said while handing me one more list. God, I think nowadays my life revolves around lists. 

"Yeah ok just keep it here," I said while gesturing towards the table. I called the number that grey eye monster gave me but no one picked the call. I tried it again but still, no one picked it. 

"You need to grab this thing now because the Asian market closes before twelve and we need them today for important guests," he said in the same grim voice while looking at me. I looked at him. He is right. It will take me a while to find all the herbs before the market gets close. 

"Yeah, I will go now," I said, grabbing the company's card. 

"Can you do me a favor, call this number and order these fish we need for today?" I said while handing him the card and list. Listening to me he thought for five minutes if he should do me a favor or not but he nodded in yes anyways. 

"Thank you" saying that I hurried out. Taking a taxi I went to the Asian market and as I thought it took me a while to find all the herbs. They were all Japanese herbs used in traditional dishes. It was almost time for closing the shops and I still had some herbs to buy which were available in the last shop of the market. When I got there he was about to close the shop. I got all the remaining herbs from him. Balancing all the bags in my hand I took a taxi back to the restaurant on the way I grabbed all the vegetables he asked me for. It was past two-thirty as I took an elevator to the main kitchen. 

"Chef Oliver I brought all the thi--" I stopped talking when I sensed the atmosphere of the kitchen. I looked at everyone's faces and they were tense. Tension on their faces deepened as they saw me. What happened here. Listening to my voice, the grey-eyed monster walked towards me with his heavy steps with an angry face making my heartbeat in fear. 

"Did you order the fish I asked you to?" he asked in his bossy voice.  

"Yeah, I--" I again stopped not completing my sentence. I saw Logan standing in the corner with a fearful expression on his face. He was afraid as he looked at me with pleading eyes. 

"Yeah what," he said loudly mockingly, making me shiver in fear as I was still looking at Logan. 

"Didn't I tell you to do it first thing in the morning?" He again said in the same tone. I took a deep breath to calm my fearful heart. 

"I forgot to do it," I said while looking at Logan who looked at me in disbelief. 

"You forget how easy it's for you to say it. Only because of you we are going to lose our face in front of our client" he said abrasively. I shut my mouth and lowered my gaze while tightening my hold on the bag which I was holding. 

"I told you not every intern of mine makes it to the kitchen because I don't tolerate mistakes," he yelled in the same tone making him flinch in fear. I felt everyone looking at me with pity in their eyes. I hate this but I knew exactly what he was going to say. All my hard work was going to go in vain. I took a ragging breath as my eyes misted with tears as I got ready to hear my punishment. 

I know he is going to fire me. 

______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie up to chapter 83
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 40

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go on my Patreon page.

If you are thinking about joining then please do it 1st off the coming month to get the benefit for a whole month.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share, and don't forget to follow me, guys.