Week 4 Day 6 families :) p2

Petyr's pov
Mom, Dad, and I are done on Midgard for the day so we head back to Asgard and I decide it's high time I follow through with my promise so I run to the library where Dad is reading.

At first, he seems rather confused by my sudden energy, but the mischievous look in my eye was enough for him to catch on...

"Changing your form into something else is quite difficult; however, the logic works as, the bigger the thing you want yourself to be seen as, the harder it gets," Dad explains and I nod along, listening carefully how to create a fake form.

After Dad explained the basics, he leaves the rest to me as it requires nothing but practice, so I get to work on doing just that...

After about an hour of terrible attempts, my phone rings, and I'm about to decline when I realize it's Wanda, so I pick up.

Call

P: lovely Ms. Maximoff, how are you?

W: actually...

P: what's wrong? Did someone hurt you, should I come attack them, are you sad, are you okay?

W: Pete, relax I was just going to say that actually it's lovely Ms. Barton now...

Author's pov
Pete blinked and then blinked again, slowly processing Wanda's words, thoroughly.

"Kiddo, Barn," Loki and Carol called together as they entered the room where Pete had frozen in place.

P: a-are you serious?

W: yep!

P: Wanda that's amazing, congratulations! Did you see it coming? I'm so happy for you guys. Tell Pietro I say congrats too!

Author's pov
Loki and Carol shared a look not knowing what Pete is so excited about but left him to talk to his friend.

W: We did not see it coming, Piet and I actually believed they were going to tell us that they do not want to be our guardians anymore, when they called us into their room. Turns out they did not want to be our guardians but our adopted parents! Like it's official, we even signed some paperwork. Ehhhhh!!!

P: well in that case it must have been the coolest surprise. I am so happy for you, Ms. Barton!

W: why thank you, Mr. Parker.

Author's pov
Internally Pete wanted to correct Wanda, tell her Danvers-Lokison. He wanted to tell her the whole truth, but this was her day, so he decided to tell her next time he has the chance.

W: okay, my web maker, I have a welcome to the family party to get ready for. Love you.

P: have fun. Love you too, bye.

W: bye.

End call

Petyr D's pov
"What was that about?" Mom who just entered the room with Dad asks and I smile.

"The Bartons adopted Wanda and Pietro."

Mom seems to blink in order to try and keep up with the names, but Dad's eyes soften at the mention of adoption. Oh, right I completely forgot that he was adopted.